Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little cutie and Happy New Year!  Today is the first day of 2011!  Daddy and I stayed awake for the count down last night and this morning, but you had fallen asleep.  When you woke up, we wished you a 'Happy New Year' though I don't think you noticed you woke up to a different year.  ;-)

Today is also your Uncle Brennan's birthday!  We called him to wish him a happy birthday.  You were babbling along before we called him, so we thought you would continue to talk.  But,  when daddy put the phone on speaker, you became quiet.  :-P  We're going to eat dinner with everyone tomorrow night to celebrate his birthday and guess where we're going .... Kanki!  You've been there before and daddy and I love that place!  We wrapped Uncle Brennan's gift today so we're all ready.

Today it was warmer .... in the 60's (a week ago we had snow!), but it was rainy so daddy and I were kind of lazy all day.  :-P  Daddy's shoulder was still hurting him so you two actually took about a 2 hour nap this morning!  I read and did things around the house.  ;-)

I prepared lunch in the morning and tried to make 'pizza potatoes' in the crock pot.  They turned out pretty good!  I want to try out different recipes before Peanut comes so I can see what will be easy to make after I have two little ones to play with. 

You finished your broccoli/carrot/cheese mix at lunch before taking a bottle.  And, then, as I was washing your bottle .... you babbled 'mama' a few times!  Woo hoo!  Every once in a while you say it, but you generally get stuck on the 'dada' and 'baba' noises. 

After lunch, we got out of the house and walked around the mall a little.  It was raining or else we would have just walked up to the park with you.  The mall was a little crowded, but not bad.  I walked around with you on my back in the carrier.  You looked like a little monkey on my back.  ;-)

When we got home, we watched 'Snow White' with you, but we had to watch it two parts to take a break for dinner.  You appeared to like the movie, though you started to get a little bored towards the end and crawled around to play with your toys.  When I was little, the wicked queen scared me!  

You started a container of spaghetti and tomato sauce at dinner.  You ate half a container (3 ounces) before your bottle.  :-)  Though, you now have a lot of tomato sauce on your bib!  ;-)  Daddy made dinner for us.  

After dinner you got a kick out of watching daddy play the Wii.  We haven't played very many games recently, so daddy turned it on and played for a while.  I stayed on the couch and noodled around on my mandolin.  I'm trying to organize my old lesson notes so I can get back into playing.  Before I had you, I took lessons on fridays .... actually, I was suppose to have a lesson the day you were born at 10:30am that morning!  But, I was already at the hospital at that time .... don't worry, daddy called to cancel it.  ;-)

While daddy was playing, I picked you up and rocked you in the rocking chair.  You eventually fell asleep since you never had an afternoon nap.  I was tired too, so we went into the bedroom and I placed you in your bed.  I read the Bible some and turned my light off.  Daddy came in soon after and started to read.  Before he turned his light off .... you woke up and started to cry!  That certainly didn't take you long!  

Well, lets see what the new year has in store for us!  

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment