Tuesday, February 1, 2011

No Car


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man.  Welcome to another month!  ;-)

Last night you feel asleep in our bed on a pillow.  Our intention was to move you back into your bed, like the night before, but the next thing we knew .... all three of us had fallen asleep!  I woke up at 1am and my night stand lamp was still on.  :-P  Oops!  So, we were so exhausted at that point that you stayed with us sleeping.  

Daddy took my car to work this morning since his car needs some repairs.  We let all the grandparents know that you and I had no car though, just in case we had an emergency.  Both Gigi and Grandpa Jim called during the day to check on us.  Thankfully, we were fine all day.  

After you and I had breakfast together, I prepared the crock pot for dinner.  We made a pot roast with veggies .... carrots, onion, corn, broccoli, potatoes, and an apple.  The apple added a nice taste and aroma to the mixture!  

Once that was started, we came upstairs and I did three loads of laundry as you played.  We continued to play until lunch time.  I'm still having a hard time with you eating.  You still only want yogurt, cereal, formula, milk, or juice.  Every time we try to give you something else now .... gerber dinners with meats and pasta and veggies .... you start fussing and won't eat.  :-P  I guess we'll just keep working on it .... you'll eventually have to learn to eat other things, right?  

After lunch, you fell asleep on me and Peanut kicked you!  I read some more short stories from my book .... it's a book with a bunch of stories about Mothers .... it's really good, though some stories are so sweet they make me cry!  Anyway, after a while, I put the book down and took a little nap with you.  I enjoyed holding you as you napped and feeling Peanut kick and move around.  When you two are bigger, I'm going to really miss these moments .... I wish you two could stay small with me, but I know you eventually have to grow up.  I love you two so very much!  

You woke up hot since we were curled up together.  So, I gave you a bath and put you in clean clothes.  Then, we checked on dinner and put the crock pot on warm.  Daddy was home shortly after.  We rode with him to pick up his car .... apparently more things needed to be done than we thought, but thankfully we had a little overflow money to cover it all.  We'll have to take my car in next for an oil change, so I'm hoping it won't need anything else!  :-P

We all got home around 7pm and then had dinner.  You tried some of our ice cream for dessert, but you didn't eat much!  I took a shower and then we got ready for the 9pm UNC basketball game.  I hate late games because I, more often than not, fall asleep during the second half.  :-P  And, just as I thought, you and I both fell asleep!  I woke up with about 2 minutes left in the game to see us win by 30 points though!  

You giggled a lot this evening as we were playing.  Daddy was tickling you and you laughed and laughed!  Your giggles are so precious and sweet!  I can't get enough of your innocent little giggles!  I love them so much!

When we went to bed, daddy placed you in your bed and you were snoring.  Ten minutes later, you woke up crying!  Ugh!  I guess we still need to work on that too!

Tomorrow Penny will be here as I head back to work.  I hate that I have to be at work earlier now.  I leave at 7am and then get home around 7pm.  :-(  But, at least it's only two days so I can spend 5 full days with you!  

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment