Saturday, February 12, 2011

Personalized Shirt


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  You slept in this morning, even though you still noodled into our bed last night.  :-P  I tossed and turned a lot last night.  I just had a lot on my mind .... thinking of Peanut and what else needs to be done before her arrival.  :-P

You did well at breakfast this morning!  You fed yourself 19 cheerios, using both hands, in a row!  I was hoping for 20, but you ended up throwing the last one.  :-P  Then, you finished off some yogurt before your bottle.  You didn't eat all your cereal, so I guess we'll try again tomorrow morning.

After breakfast, daddy and I did a lot of cleaning.  I swept and vacuumed the downstairs, and daddy vacuumed the stairs.  Then, we played upstairs for a while until it was lunch time.  You ate about one third of your beef and veggie mixture and then a little bit of a baby cracker.  You took some formula with whole milk in a sippy cup before we headed upstairs to watch UNC play at 1pm.  

I put you in a UNC shirt that has your name on the back.  The hygienist that I work with gave you that shirt, but you're just now able to fit into it!  She took it to the 'Shrunken Head' .... a store on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill that your Uncle James use to work at.  When he was still there, she brought the shirt in and he placed your name on the back of the shirt!  So, your uncle did that for you!  :-)



It was another close basketball game, but we managed to win!  We played a better first half and then kind of fell apart during the second.  But, in any event, we'll take the win.  :-)  You got fussy during halftime, so daddy put you in Peanut's swing.  You eventually fell asleep in it.  You woke up briefly, but then fell asleep again on me as I rocked in our rocking chair.

Grandpa Mike came over after the game to help daddy put the baby gate up on the top of the stairs.  However, the wood piece that we bought needs to be trimmed.  So, Grandpa Mike and daddy did some measurements, and Grandpa Mike will work on cutting the wood for us.  Tomorrow, he'll come back over and hopefully they'll be able to put the gate up.  

Mimi came over shortly after with some Valentine's Day gifts for us!  You got a movie and some books!  Daddy and I got a DVD and Peanut got some slippers and a baby wrap.  :-)  Then, we all went out for dinner. 

This evening, the three of us relaxed more in the bonus room.  Daddy and I put a movie on as you played around.  You sang for us and talked a lot.  It was so cute!  

Peanut has been passing her kick test each day.  Tomorrow, we'll be 38 weeks gestation!  Each day we're getting closer and closer to meeting her!  I know you'll be a good big brother and she'll be a good little sister.  :-)

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment