Sunday, February 13, 2011

All Gates Up


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  How are you?  :-)

Today we are 38 weeks gestation with Peanut!  Woo hoo!  We have another OB appointment tomorrow morning at 9:45am to check everything.  So far so good.  She continues to pass her kick counts each day and I feel those Braxton Hicks contractions every now and then.  

I didn't sleep that well last night and this morning.  I woke up around 2am to use the restroom and stayed awake for the next hour with insomnia.  Then, I started to feel really warm, so I turned the ceiling fan on.  I felt bad doing that though since I'm sure I froze daddy.  :-P  I think I fell back asleep before 4am.  You and daddy snored right along, so hopefully I didn't bother either of you.  

We had a pretty boring morning.  You didn't want your oatmeal cereal, so you had more cheerios.  You made it up to 16 in a row before you threw one on the floor.  You ate more after that though.  

Daddy and I straightened some things around the house after we all had our breakfast.  Then, Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie came over.  They had daddy help them with their taxes on the computer.  Once the taxes were done, we all had lunch together.  You showed them how you can walk around the downstairs using your push toy.  I'm pretty confident you can walk on your own, but I don't think you know it yet.  :-P

After lunch, you took a nice nap.  I watched you and read as you slept.  Daddy went outside and spray painted a bed frame that we're going to put in the front bedroom as a guest room (the weather recently has been gorgeous so daddy picked a good day to work outside!).  That way, we'll have an extra place for people to stay in case we need help once Peanut comes.  Eventually, that front bedroom will be yours, but you'll continue to use the back bedroom for a while since Peanut will be in the bassinet at first.  The Academy of Pediatrics recommends for newborns to stay with their parents for the first year to prevent SIDS (you went over a year and are still noodling into our bed!).  So, Peanut will likely be in the bassinet for close to a year while you take the back bedroom with the crib.  That bedroom is closer, so you won't be far from us either. 

Once daddy was done, he came upstairs and found us both laying down.  I took a little nap too and woke up once you woke up.  Grandpa Mike came over shortly after. 

He and daddy worked on the upstairs baby gate.  They drilled some wood to the wall and banister to connect the gate.  Now, we have an upstairs gate and a downstairs gate!  This way you and Peanut will be safer around the stairs.  :-)  As they worked, you crawled all around the bonus room as I picked on the mandolin. 

You were fussy with dinner .... you've become such a picky eater!  I swear all you'll eat now are cheerios, yogurt, and sippy cups of formula, milk, juice, or water.  :-P  

We gave you a nice bath after dinner and put you in your pajamas as we prepared to watch the Grammy's on the television.  The Grammy's is an annual music award show.  You fell asleep and I eventually went to the bedroom with you.  Daddy stayed up to watch the rest of the awards. 

Mimi will be here tomorrow morning to watch you as I head to the OB.  Hopefully we'll continue to have good news.  

Sleep tight little man!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment