Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Good First Half



Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  Today was a long day, and tomorrow won't be much better with my meeting after work.  :-P

You were awake when I left this morning.  So, I got to kiss you goodbye as I headed to work.  I hate leaving you in the morning!  I just want to stay with you and have fun.  :-)

You and Penny had fun though.  You all had floor time and you fed yourself about 12-15 cheerios!  Good job little man!  You also had some art, story, and music time together.  :-)  You were more active in the morning and apparently took a nice nap in the afternoon for Penny. 

When I got home, I found a drawing on the table that you and Penny did together .... it said 'Happy Valentine's Day' and had your name and date on it!  :-)  Also, there were two little boxes of chocolate for daddy and I and you had a card from Penny!  How precious!  Did you and Penny plan that?  ;-)


Daddy made a pizza for dinner and we all ate together.  Well, you had already eaten, but you sat with us in the high chair.  :-)

I've been trying to catch up on all my progress notes and charts at work.  That way, if Peanut comes, there won't be any 'pending' charts open.  I had a cancellation this afternoon so I was able to catch up on most things.  

Your daddy did something really sweet this afternoon .... Grandpa Mike found a website that had refurbished Nook ereaders on sale for half the price (Do you all still use ereaders when you read this?   It's a small device, with a 7 inch screen, that you can download electronic books on so that you don't have to carry around lots of heavy books.  Daddy and Grandpa Mike both have one. I wonder what technology will be out there for you and Peanut when you're older).  Anyway, daddy ended up buying one for me!  I can put children's books on it and read you stories too.  ;-)

So, as I told you yesterday, tonight was the big game .... UNC vs DOOK in basketball!  And, we were playing at DOOK, which makes it tougher!  To my surprise, we held a good lead for the majority of the game.  It wasn't until the second half that DOOK even took the lead.  

Once the game started and we saw the tip-off, Peanut started kicking!  She must be a UNC fan!  ;-)  We started really strong with a quick 8-0 lead and it took DOOK 3 minutes to even score a basket.  We also had a big lead going into halftime.  I stayed awake when the second half started, but soon faded as the game progressed.  You fell asleep too, which left daddy watching the game with the cat!  I woke up at times to see our lead slowly diminish .... and I woke up at the end to see that we had eventually lost by around 6 points.  :-(  But, they played a good game so we were proud of the UNC boys anyway!  I'm sure we'll win when we play them in Chapel Hill next month!  In any event, it was a good and exciting first half to watch!  ;-)

Tomorrow is my Provider's Meeting.  So, I'll leave here around 7am to get to work .... work until 5:30pm .... head to the meeting from 6pm-8pm .... and then make it back here around 8:30pm(ish)!  Whew!  What a day!  I hope I'll still be able to see you some before you head to bed!

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment