Friday, February 4, 2011

Sixty Eight Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  Today you are sixty eight weeks old!  Woo hoo!  

Today was a cold and rainy day.  You and I stayed inside all day .... except for two trips to the mailbox .... one to mail some bills and the second to get the new mail.  Though, I went out there by myself.  You stayed inside where it was warm and dry.  :-)

For breakfast, you actually ate almost 3 tablespoons of cereal for me before wanting something else!  For lunch, you weren't as food friendly.  You ate another container of yogurt, but you didn't eat your chicken and veggie mix.   :-P  

We played a lot upstairs today.  At one point, I was on the floor playing next to you and the next thing I know, you've crawled into my lap and fell asleep!  I left you there sleeping in my lap for a while as I sat on the floor and read.  But then, after a while, my bottom was getting numb and my left foot was asleep!  So, I had to move you and get up!  I gently shuffled you to my shoulder, we went downstairs for a snack (me, not you .... you were still sleeping on my shoulder!), came back upstairs and sat on the couch.  I had to put you down on a pillow to sleep though because I was getting tired at that point walking around with you. 

Since you're about 20 pounds, and I've gained about 25 pounds with Peanut .... every time I walk around with you both I'm carrying around 45 extra pounds up and down the stairs, or in and out of the car or stroller .... after a while I get tired!  :-P  So, I'm sorry if I have to put you down some times.  Whenever daddy is home, he helps carry you around the house.

I curled up next to you on the couch and read as you continued to nap.  After a little bit, I took a nap with you for about an hour.  You continued to sleep for about 2 hours total. 

This afternoon you helped me watch part of a mandolin DVD.  It's a teaching DVD with different exercises on it.  We watched the first couple of exercises so I can practice them.  I jotted down some notes, but then you wanted to play with the paper and pen and hit my laptop!  :-P

We sang together this afternoon.  You like to sing a little song that goes "Nananana" .... it's really adorable, so I sing it with you.  We sat on the floor in the bonus room  (you were in my lap) and sang your little song together.   You giggled a lot as we sang together and rubbed your head on my belly.  When daddy got home, we sang him your song and he liked it.  ;-)

We made a quick dinner for daddy before he got home.  We made some bacon, eggs, and veggies.  Then, we all went upstairs and played and relaxed in the bonus room.  Daddy helped me with some things on the computer, so had me in charge of his banjo since he was in the middle of playing it when I asked for help.  At one point, I placed his banjo on the floor and you ended up throwing a toy at it!  Oops!  We'll have to be more careful next time!  :-P

You and daddy started watching a movie together .... 'Muppets from Outer Space' .... as I read a little in the bedroom.  I finished my short story book, but it'll be a while before I read another one like it .... some of the stories in there about mothers and children were so sweet that I just cried!  :-)

You fell asleep with daddy in the bed.  He moved you into your own bed, but you woke up 45 minutes later crying!  Hmmmm .... I thought you were going to work on that?  ;-)

Tomorrow, Grandpa Mike is coming over to help daddy with the baby gates.  You can climb up the stairs all by yourself, though we don't encourage it unless we're right behind you.  :-P

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment