Friday, February 25, 2011

Seventy One Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious!  Today you are seventy one weeks old .... you are really getting up there!  I mean, you'll be a year and half before we know it!  ;-)

Today we got up pretty early.  I had an early appointment with the OB, so Mimi came by to watch you as I headed over there.  I actually misunderstood Dr. Rush when I saw her this past monday.  She offered to separate the cells and membrane at the top of the uterus on monday, but apparently she could only do that if we had any dilating.  She offered before checking, and when we didn't have any dilation, she spoke to the nurse and then we discussed the issue of scheduling for a C section.  

Well, I saw Dr. McKenzie this morning, and he checked one more time before we headed into the weekend.  My vitals were good (122/80 ish) and there was no protein in the urine.  Peanut's heart rate was good as well.  It was in the 140's.  The uterine height was right on target, but we had no dilating.  My cervix is still 'high and closed' so we couldn't do the procedure.  So, we still have the C section planned for monday morning if we don't go into labor this weekend.

I'm guessing, little man, that my body is thinking this is my first pregnancy since you had to be removed so early.  Peanut's in position, but they're still hesitant about inducing since that increases the risk of a uterine rupture due to a past C section.  The only other option is if I pushed them to let me wait one more week past full term to see if we go into labor.  There's no medical reason to prolong the pregnancy after 40 weeks, and we're almost at 40 weeks now with no dilating (we'll be 40 weeks on sunday .... our due date).  So, the OB's think it wise to move forward with the C section.  

Obviously I have mixed feelings towards that.  The good news is that I know what to expect with a C section .... the bad news is that I know what the expect with a C section!  Ha!  I know the recovery is going to be hard since all my muscles will be cut, and there are lots of risks involved with a 'major surgery.'  But, we also need to do what's best for Peanut.  There's always a possibility that we go into labor and then something happens to her .... she's out of position, the cord gets stuck, she goes into distress .... and then we end up with a C section anyway.  

I've been reading some things online about C sections, and I know some women feel bad about having to go through it, verses being able to have a child 'naturally.'  Some women feel disappointed afterward.  I asked daddy if he would be disappointed, or saddened, if it gets to monday and we wind up in another C section.  He said that all he wants is a healthy Peanut, Joshua, and mommy!  So, that made me feel better!  We're just going to put everything into God' hands and pray that things go smoothly with the birth of your little sister!  :-)

After the appointment, I came back here and you and Mimi were upstairs in the bonus room.  I cleaned some things around the house and organized while you two watched some television.  Then, we ate an early lunch.  We went to a little Italian place around the corner.  You ate some of my chicken and about 2.5 french fries.  ;-)  You also ate some of your foods too and took some formula.  

You and I relaxed after lunch.  I was a little tired, so we rested in the bonus room.  I sat with you as you played with your toys on the floor.  Then, after awhile, you began to rub your eyes.  I picked you up and rocked with you.  Before I knew it, you were fast asleep on my shoulder.  ;-)  I held you for a little bit, and then I placed you on a pillow to nap.   I told you how much I love you and Peanut.  I did a few things on the computer .... I wanted to make sure bills were paid for next week .... and then I rested next to you.  I even closed my eyes for a bit and napped too!  ;-)

Once daddy got home, we all had some leftovers and then we played some more.  We ran two loads of laundry and took the dressing off your incision site from the hernia.  They drew a smiley face on the dressing and even wrote 'Great Job Joshua' on there since you were such a big boy!  You're a little black and blue and we still have you on motrin for now to help with inflammation.  You don't appear to have any abnormal swelling and you still have no fever.  So, overall, you appear to be doing really well!  :-)


I felt Peanut kick and move a lot this evening!  I tried to take a little video of my belly .... but every time I tried, she stopped moving.  :-P

This weekend, daddy and I are going to do some last minute errands.  We're going to pick up a used double stroller from another family so that when the weather gets nice, and Peanut gets bigger, we can take you both out for walks.  :-)  The weather was beautiful today, despite the fact that it was raining earlier.  It warmed it later in the day and you and I ended up having the windows open in the bonus room.  :-)

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you so much!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joshua!

    I put some unusual images of Puey and the Princess on my blog! Check it out!

    I guess I'll see you tomorrow.
    Love,
    Uncle Zeker

    ReplyDelete