Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baby Gate


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  This morning I was up early .... but it wasn't because of you.  I just couldn't sleep.  It was hard for me to get comfortable and breathe last night, so I tossed and turned.  Before you and daddy woke up, I came downstairs and read a little.  Then, I made some pancakes for breakfast.  I made blueberry ones for daddy and chocolate chips ones for me.  ;-)  I made one, little, plain pancake for you.  You tried it, but didn't really eat much of it.


After breakfast, we cleaned the kitchen and then came upstairs to play.  Daddy cleaned and put new strings on the Deering banjo.  Then, he changed the air filters .... boy where they dirty!  I gave you a nice bath.  You acted like you were tired and sleepy, but you didn't take a nap.  I tried rocking you to sleep, but you were too active.

You're eating a little better .... you still didn't eat the chicken and veggies, so I threw it out since I didn't think it would last much longer.  But, we opened a container of beef and veggies and you ate half the container!  Woo hoo!  ;-)

Grandpa Mike came over after lunch.  He and daddy put up a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs.  They ended up needing to drill into the banister, but that's ok as long as it keeps you safe.  We need to buy a piece of wood to attach to the upstairs banister, so we still don't have that gate up yet (this morning I followed you from the kitchen to the bonus room as you crawling up the stairs!).  They also brought in the big rocking chair that Mimi ordered for us.  They placed it in the bonus room and you and I used it.  :-)

I can balance drinks and things on my belly thanks to Peanut.  Daddy and I ate some ice cream the other day and daddy snapped this photo.  I thought it was funny!  

You ended up taking a nap this afternoon as daddy and Grandpa Mike worked.  I stayed next to you and read.  After a while, I took a little nap too since I was tired and sitting upright on the couch with my feet on the ottoman.  It was easier for me to breathe, so I took advantage of it and napped for about an hour.  You stayed sleeping for about 2.5 hours!  

We made an easy dinner this evening .... pizza.  You ate more cheerios and some more beef and veggies.  Then, you had some formula in a sippy cup.  You also had some water in a sippy cup later in the evening.  

After dinner, I practiced the mandolin as you and daddy watched 'Scooby Do.'  I worked on the exercises that you and I watched yesterday on the DVD.  I'm getting better at stretching out my pinky finger for that 7th fret.  :-)

I felt a lot of Peanut kicks today, especially when you were napping and I was relaxing on the couch.  This morning, while making breakfast, I felt a slight 'pain' in my pelvis and then it went away.  I didn't feel it again, but then confirmed with Gigi that I had a Braxton Hicks Contraction.  Tomorrow I'll technically be 'full term' since I'll be 37 weeks gestation with Peanut.  These are little 'pre labor' contractions and can be sporadic until the real labor begins.  My next appointment is on monday at 9:30am.  I'll see Dr. Rush again.  Mimi will come over again to watch you and then you'll have your physical therapy appointment at 12:30pm later that day. 

You've been very talkative today.  It's really cute.  Daddy and I can get you to sing if we sing 'nananana'.  And, you keep saying 'dada', 'boogie', and 'buddy' .... or else that's what it sounds like.  ;-)  It's adorable either way.  

We continued to play and relax in the bonus room this evening.  You stayed awake until really late.  I don't think you fell asleep until 10:30pm.  :-P

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment