Sunday, February 6, 2011

Full Term


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little cutie.  We slept better last night.  You still noodled into our bed last night (I think you have a dependency issue and need us there).  But, we were all able to sleep in and get some rest.  Daddy and I both woke up to you kicking us at different times in the night, but at least you slept.

This morning we did some chores around the house.  I swept and vacuumed as daddy played with you.  You and I then continued to play upstairs as daddy took a shower.  Gigi and Uncle James surprised us this morning and came over around 10am.  They brought over some software so daddy and I can do our taxes and they also brought over a travel 'high chair' that I had been storing at Gigi's house for whenever you go over there.  I asked Gigi to bring it over so that I can set it up in the bonus room.  Now, if need be, I can keep you upstairs to eat so that I don't have to keep lifting you, and Peanut, up and down the stairs a couple times a day.  This will come in handy on days when I'm by myself.  Also, I can continue to keep you up here with Peanut too once she arrives.  Once Peanut comes, we're going to be really busy around here, so I'm trying to plan ahead on what will make our lives a little easier.  Though, you never can 'completely' plan ahead for children .... you all will always keep us on our toes!  ;-)

After we visited with Gigi and Uncle James, we took a quick trip to Lowes and Target.  We got a piece of wood at Lowes so that daddy and Grandpa Mike can attach the upstairs baby gate.  We also got some new hinges for the door in the bonus room and new knobs for two doors downstairs.  Daddy switched everything out this afternoon and the two downstairs doors look brand new and fancy with these decorative knobs!  

We all ate lunch, and then we fixed up the crock pot for dinner.  We're having 'sloppy Joe's' with a potato, veggie, and cheese bake on the side.  I'm calling them 'sloppy Joshua's' though!  ;-)

UNC played at 2pm this afternoon.  You were wide awake and crawling around as the game started.  Right before the second half started, however, I rocked you in the new rocking chair and you fell fast asleep on me.  I held you and continued to rock during the second half.  We ended up winning by about 20 points!  After the game, I put you down to sleep and you ended up sleeping for a total of 3 hours!  Wow!  I wonder how you'll sleep tonight.  :-P

Once you woke up, we headed downstairs for dinner.  You really didn't eat much for dinner, and didn't even want your whole bottle.  You didn't really fuss the rest of the evening as if you were hungry (though you eventually took the rest of the bottle later in the night).  The 'sloppy Joshua's' and potatoes were good!  Woo hoo!  Success!  We'll have to remember this dinner for the future!  

We had just enough time to go back upstairs and watch Super Bowl XLV.  The two teams playing were the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers.  Daddy and I didn't care who won.  But we had it on anyway.  The 'Black Eyed Peas' did the half time performance .... by the time you read this, will you know who they are?  We randomly picked Green Bay to win, since we like the color green!  And, they did!  But, we were all really tired when the game was over.  I think it was around 10:30pm before you fell asleep.  :-P

You giggled more and sang with daddy and I this evening.  I love it when you sing with us!  You also make the cutest facial expressions when you giggle and sing!  ;-)

In good news, today I am 37 weeks gestation with Peanut.  :-)  Technically, 37-40 weeks is considered 'full term' so we officially made it!  This is also 7 weeks longer than we made it with your pregnancy.  You stayed 8.5 weeks in the hospital after you were born.  So, at this time with you, we'd have 1.5 weeks until we could take you home.  We were so excited because the end of your hospital stay was near!  What a blessing that we've made it this far!  I have an OB appointment tomorrow morning at 9:30am, so Mimi will come by again to watch you while I head over.  You also have your physical therapy appointment tomorrow afternoon.  Busy busy!

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment: