Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lots Of Walking


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  We're getting closer and closer .... tomorrow we'll be 40 weeks gestation with Peanut .... our due date!  How exciting!!  Are you getting anxious to meet your little sister?  :-)

This morning daddy and I did some chores around the house as you played.  We vacuumed and organized the study, kitchen, and living room.  We're trying to get things half way decent before we head to the hospital.  That way, whoever is here to watch you, won't be in a dirty house.  :-P  At this point, it looks like daddy and Mimi will be here monday evening to take care of you.  Daddy will show Mimi your bedtime routine and she'll stay in the guest room.  I hope you sleep well that night.  :-P  Gigi will stay with me and Peanut in the hospital that first night.  Penny will come over monday morning to watch you during the day until Mimi comes to relieve her.  

I hate that I have to leave you.  I've been getting really sad and emotional recently thinking about it.  Did you know that you and I have been together every day since the day you were born?  There hasn't been a single day where we didn't see each other .... or that I didn't touch you .... or say 'I Love You' to you .... I'm going to be so sad monday morning when daddy takes me to the hospital and I won't see you for a while.  I'll probably cry in the car.  Daddy said that he promises to bring you to the hospital at least one day while I'm there so I can see you and for you to meet your little sister!  You won't be able to stay with me over night, but you'll be able to visit.  :-)

After we got ready for the day, and the chores were done, we packed you up and headed over to the mall.  I don't know the next time we'll 'get out' for a while after Peanut comes, so we decided to stretch our legs since the weather was nice.  It was cooler outside, but we still had the windows open upstairs.  

The mall was so crowded!  We couldn't even find a place to sit for lunch!  Wow!  We walked all around though (some times walking can encourage labor too) and spent some time in a few stores.  We ended up not getting anything, but it was nice to just be out.

We ended up leaving the mall and going to a pasta place for lunch.  You took down your sippy cup of formula and then some juice.  You also ate some yogurt and snacks.  The pasta place was next to a book store that's going out of business, so we popped in to see if anything interested us.  As soon as we walked in, we saw Grandpa Jim and Uncle James doing the same thing!  How funny!  Grandpa Jim held your hand and you two walked all around the store together!  :-)

Afterward, we made a quick trip to Target and then we went and met a family selling a double jogging stroller.  They have two girls, one 8 and one 5, and they don't want to sit in strollers anymore.  So, we went over there and checked it out.  It was in good condition, the mom had just cleaned it, and everything worked.  So, we bought it to use for you and Peanut.  :-)  Peanut will need to be a little bigger before getting into it, but by late spring and early summer time, when the weather is really nice, we'll be able to take you both out and enjoy the weather.  :-)

We had a little time to rest when we got home before Mimi and Grandpa Mike came over.  Mimi bought a car seat for her car and we needed to adjust it to fit you.  Daddy and I adjusted all the straps and then he and Grandpa Mike went out and brought sandwiches back for dinner.  After you played with them for a bit, we went back upstairs and relaxed the rest of the evening.  Daddy put Looney Tunes cartoons on and I put my feet up.  While you all were watching some cartoons, I reorganized my hospital bag with last minute things and then read in bed for a few minutes.  You fell asleep next to daddy with the cartoons on, so it didn't take long for daddy bring you in the bedroom all curled up and snoring.  :-P

Tomorrow we'll probably rest and enjoy our last full day together as a family before heading to the hospital.  I want to spend as much time with you as possible before I leave!  

Sleep tight little one!

I love you so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment