Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hugs and Kisses


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little fellow!  Today was another long day at work, but you and Penny had fun together!  Here's what she said about you ....

"He actually picked up 2 melt-aways (baby crackers) and put them in his mouth- yeah!  He drank 3 oz of juice out of his blue water bottle by himself."  Good job little man!  

You were awake when I left for work this morning.  I got to kiss and hug you before I left.  You were in the living room playing as daddy was eating his breakfast.  

Today I saw more patients as work, so it was busier .... but I was able to sit more, or at least I felt like I sat more since my back wasn't hurting as much.  My feet were tired though.  My feet get tired after working wednesday and thursday.  :-P  I try to rest them when I get home and when we're in the bonus room playing.  Some times I prop them on the ottoman, but then I put them down when you crawl over and want to play.  

We had leftovers for dinner tonight.  I got home around 7pm.  As we were cleaning the kitchen, daddy started to take apart the dishwasher.  The door hinge was broken because a spring became loose.  A piece snapped off so when you open the door it almost falls down.  It's a heavy door and we don't want it to fall on you since you some times end up crawling around the kitchen.  So, daddy worked on it for over 2 hours tonight to try to fix the door.  He ended up attaching a metal washer in one side where a piece had snapped.  It doesn't fall down when you open the door now, but we still need to watch you when you're crawling around over there.  :-P

While daddy was doing that, you and I were upstairs in the bonus room.  I was resting my feet as you crawled around.  I got down and played with you too, off and on .... I still hadn't showered yet from work, so I knew I was 'dirty' from the office.  I don't like to curl up next to you after work unless I've showered.  :-P  Once daddy was done, I took a shower and then we all went to the bedroom (it was late at that point).  

I felt a lot of kicks from Peanut as I sat with you in the bonus room.  I wonder if you understand that another person is joining our family soon?  At one point, you walked over (hanging onto the ottoman, you still don't walk independently) and placed your head on my belly.  You looked like you were hugging and kissing my belly .... hummm, did you know your little sister was there?  Daddy said that you'll be a good big brother and I believe him!  ;-)  You'll need to watch out for Peanut as you two grow up and protect her like a good big brother.  And, she'll need to watch out for you too like a good little sister!

Tomorrow we have no appointments so we can play all day long if we like!  ;-)

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment