Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baby Shower


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little cutie!  How are you?  :-)

Guess what we saw this morning .... we saw deer in our backyard!  There were two and they were further away, but we still got to see them and they were pretty.  :-)

After we all ate breakfast together, I quickly swept and vacuumed the downstairs.  You spilled a lot of crackers and cheerios on the floor, and, of course, I had stepped on them.  :-P  So, I cleaned everything up before we headed upstairs.  

We relaxed and played upstairs this morning because we knew we had a busy rest of the day.  You, me, and daddy met up with our friends for lunch around the corner at the Nantucket Grill.  You've been there before a few times.

We saw Mimi, Gigi, Aunt Katie, Stephanie, Sherrill, Alicia, and Trina.  They all came together to celebrate Peanut and gave her some gifts.  Don't worry .... you had a gift too .... Gigi brought over a Valentine's Day gift for you filled with the cereal puffs that you like.  :-)

Peanut got clothes, blankets, towels, wipes, diapers, toys .... it was amazing!  Our friends are so generous and we're blessed to have them in our lives.  Then, after we opened gifts and ate, everyone came back to our house for cake!  You gave everyone a tour of the house and they all loved your play room over the garage!  

Grandpa Jim and Uncle James came over around 2:30pm (just in time for cake!) and also visited with you.  Once people started leaving, Gigi and Uncle James watched you as Grandpa Jim helped daddy and I pick up a mattress and box spring for the front bedroom (we needed his truck).  It didn't take long since we had done our research yesterday and knew where to go and what size we needed.  Grandpa Jim and Uncle James helped daddy bring the bed frame upstairs with the mattress and box spring.  Then, once they all left, daddy and I finished the bedroom.  I had washed all the sheets before, so it didn't take long to put the bed together.  The bedroom looks nice and now we're all ready for company!  ;-)  

This evening, I took all the tags off Peanut's new clothes and did a load of laundry with your clothes in there too.  Daddy and I straightened some things around the house, and then we rested!  We had been active all day so I was happy to sit down!  ;-)

Tomorrow will be another busy day .... I have an OB appointment with Peanut and you have physical therapy.  Mimi will watch you as I head to the OB visit.  I don't know what they'll say tomorrow, or if they'll want to schedule me for a 'planned C-section' or not.  Also, I have to call DOOK after 2pm tomorrow to get information on your surgery for tuesday.  We're anticipating an early appointment time .... we just don't know how early.  :-P

Sleep tight and get some rest!

I love you!  

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment