Thursday, February 24, 2011

Last Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little cutie!  How are you feeling today?  You appear to be feeling just fine!  You've been eating and drinking normally the past two days.  And, you've had some poopy diapers (the hospital wanted us to check to make sure everything was working ok).  ;-)  Also, you haven't had any fevers.  :-)  Yippie!  You don't like it when we place your antibiotic ointment on you (we have to pull some skin down there), but that's to be expected.  

You still have some swelling around your incision, but it hasn't increased.  If the swelling increases, then we'd have to call the doctor.  So far, you appear to be healing just fine.  :-)

You're still on the anti-inflammatory medication.  We haven't given you the really hard stuff since tuesday. 

Also, you stayed asleep, by yourself in your own bed, until 3am this morning!  That' one more hour than the night before!  ;-)  Keep it up little man!

You were awake this morning before I left for work.  I kissed you as you played and told you that I would be home as soon as I could .... it's my last day!  :-)  Unfortunately, 'as soon as I could' ended up being close to 7:40pm this evening!  Everyone knew it was my last day, so I had people from different parts of the building come up to me to give me a hug and wish me luck over the weekend and monday.  Everyone is so excited that Peanut is coming and we even got one more gift from a coworker .... a little outfit and a pink photo book.  :-)  But, once everyone left, I still had about 10 progress notes to write and I needed to clear off the charts on my desk.  So, I stayed late to get that all done .... and now we're free to welcome Peanut into the world!  I am 'officially' on maternity leave!  ;-)  With you, I had to split my maternity leave.  Three weeks after my C-section, I worked 5 hours each morning, and then took 5 hours of maternity leave to go to the hospital to see you.  Once you were discharged from the hospital, I took the rest of my leave.  :-)

Daddy and I have noticed that you can 'walk' on your knees some.  When you're sitting on your knees, you sometimes scoot around like you want to walk.  Eliza asked me the other week if you had started to do that, but at the time I had never seen you try.  Also, you're beginning to let go of things and stand more .... though you still don't know you're doing it.  You're usually distracted my a toy or the television.  And, you've started trying to pull yourself up on your back legs to stand from a crawling position.  Wow!  I bet any day now you'll just start walking all around!  ;-)

I was so incredibly tired when I got home from work this evening.  I felt like I hadn't sat all day .... which, of course I had .... my feet and legs were just exhausted.  I relaxed with you and daddy in the play room this evening and put my feet up.  At one point you crawled over and played with my toes.  :-P

I felt a lot of kicks and movement from Peanut this evening.  I think it's so cool when we 'see' her moving around .... you can actually watch my belly and skin move as she shifts around!  

Tomorrow I have my last OB visit .... we'll be 39 weeks and 5 days gestation!  We'll see what happens and if we'll go into labor for a VBAC.  If not, little Peanut is coming on monday!  

Sleep tight little angel!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment