Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious!  Today is Groundhog Day, the second day of February, when we see if the groundhog sees his shadow or not.  If he does, then we'll have 6 more weeks of winter and, if he does not, we'll have an early spring .... or that's how the 'story' goes.

We had a disagreement this year, as the 'official' groundhog .... Punxsutawney Phil in Pennsylvania .... did not see his shadow and predicted an early spring.  However, our 'local' groundhog .... Sir Walter Wally .... did see his shadow and predicted more winter.  Oh well!  I guess we'll see who's right!  ;-)

I had to leave for work early again, like last week.  Work was long and I didn't get to sit a lot.  So, my back was hurting by the time I got home.  I tried to rest after dinner for Peanut.  

Speaking of dinner, Penny made us a wonderful crock pot meal!  I'm glad I cleaned the crock pot last night!  She also made a pot roast with veggies and had wonderful, soft rolls on the side!  It was so good!  I'm sure you helped her!  ;-)

After dinner, I cleaned the kitchen and ran your bottles.  You listened to daddy play the banjo as I took a shower.  

You're climbing a lot more!  Daddy said that when he got home, you were playing in the living room.  Then, you started to follow the cat and you crawled from the living room, around the kitchen, down the hallway, up all the stairs, through the next hallway, and into the bonus room .... all by yourself!  Of course, daddy was right behind you, amazed that you crawled from one end of the house downstairs to the other end of the house upstairs!  Penny also found out that you can climb the stairs!  This weekend, daddy and Grandpa Mike are going to try to attach the baby gates to our stairs.  Our banister and railing are going to be hard to get around, but we need to put them up if you're already climbing!  They should have already been put up by now.  :-P

You and Penny got to walk to the park today.  It was rainy this morning, but then cleared up.  Also, it was pretty warm.

This evening we all rested in the bonus room and played with you.  You, again, started climbing and ended up slipping off the ottoman near the couch at one point!  You, of course, cried and cried, but daddy and I kissed and hugged you until you were better.

I took a picture of our new wall hanger that daddy put up for our instruments.  I put daddy's banjo, one of my mandolins, and your baby guitar up there .... how adorable!  We look so talented!  ;-)

Also, you're starting to say something that sounds like 'buddy' .... daddy calls you 'buddy' a lot so I'm wondering if you're starting to say that word.  It's really cute!

Tomorrow, I head back to work again.  But, then we'll be able to play together on friday! 

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment