Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Taking It Easy


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  Today you and I took it easy and rested for the majority of the day.  Since I have to go to work wednesday and thursday, and will likely be on my feet, I wanted to stay around here to keep my blood pressure down.  I took my blood pressure this morning and it was normal (110/70), so that was encouraging.  

You had 4 tablespoons of oatmeal for breakfast, some yogurt, and then a full eight ounce bottle!  Wow!  You were a hungry little booger!  ;-)

Afterward, we went upstairs to play and I did two loads of laundry.  At 11:30am, I was done with the 24 hour urine collection (to check my protein levels), so I had to drop it off before they closed.  The office was around the corner, but they close from 12pm-1pm for lunch, and I knew if I waited then I would be stuck in the middle of a feeding or nap time.  So, I quickly packed you in the car and we got to Labcorp minutes before they were closing!  They needed to draw some blood to check my creatine levels as well (which I didn't know), and I had just run in carrying you in my arms with no stroller!  Oops!  So, you sat on my lap as they quickly took a tube of blood from my arm!  You were fine though and it was so fast you probably didn't even notice.  So, I had blood drawn twice in two days!  

When we got home, we had lunch together.  The neighbor was out putting up a fence and you got to see their new puppy.  The puppy is small now, but the dog breed is one of the bigger ones.  So, we helped them get approval from the Homeowner's Association for a 4 foot fence around their backyard so that the dog won't run over and scare you and Peanut once it's bigger.  :-)

You took a sippy cup of formula this afternoon for lunch and then fell fast asleep on me!  I held you for a while and kissed your little forehead.  ;-)  Eventually I had to put you down, but you continued to sleep next to me on a pillow.  I read a little and then ended up taking a little nap with you too!  I know I won't get a nap tomorrow or thursday with work, so I took advantage of your sleepiness!  ;-)  Actually, the next two days are going to be long ones .... tomorrow we have the UNC vs DOOK basketball game at 9pm and thursday I have a Provider's Meeting at work (quarterly mandatory meeting for all the doctors) from 6pm-8pm.  So, I'll get home really late that day.  :-(  But, then I'll get to play with you for 5 full days until the next day of work!  :-)

We continued to play together, once you woke up, until daddy got home.  We all ate dinner together and then watched some television in the bonus room.  While we were up there, I teased daddy that I wanted a cookie (of course we didn't have any).  Daddy offered to get one, but it was late and I really didn't NEED a cookie .... just felt like having one.  I took a shower and when I got out, you and daddy were getting baking supplies out to make some cookies!  Aw!  I watched and played with you in the living room as daddy mixed everything together and made 2 dozen snickerdoodle cookies!  They were good!  We each had one and then saved the rest.  :-)  What a good daddy you have .... and of course you helped too!  

Chances are I'll fall asleep during the game tomorrow night so we'll probably record it.  I hate those 9pm games after a full day of work!  Daddy can usually stay awake, but you and I generally crash!

Oh, almost forgot, we talked to Gigi earlier in the day on the phone.  She called to check in on us.  She heard you say 'buddy' and she also heard you sing your 'nananana' song.  ;-)

I felt more Peanut kicks and movements today .... she continues to pass her 'kick test' each day .... I wonder when she'll come .... hummmm ....

I hope you and Penny have fun tomorrow.  Save a huge smile and kiss for me!  

Sleep tight little fellow!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment