Monday, February 14, 2011

St. Valentine's Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Happy St. Valentine's Day!  One of my friends (who also had pre-eclampsia with both her boys) stated that "the best valentines are those who call us Mommy."  I think that is so true and precious!  You and Peanut are my Valentines .... and daddy, of course!  ;-)  Daddy and I don't even need anything else but each other and you two! 

Peanut and I went to our OB appointment as you and Mimi played at the house this morning.  We are 38 weeks and 1 day gestation.  My blood pressure was up again.  But, I had no trace of protein in my urine.  Her heart rate was good (150) and my weight was 153.8 lbs.  Whoa!  ;-)  Peanut is still head down and in position, but we continue to have no dilating. The MD said the cervix is still high.  So, it all depends on what happens this week.  If we go into labor this week, then we can try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean).  If we don't, I have another appointment in one week (we'll be 39 weeks and 1 day).  At that point, we may have to schedule for a planned C-section since they won't induce me due to my previous C-section.  Also, planned C-sections are not done before 39 weeks to make sure the baby's lungs are fully developed.  So, we'll just have to see what happens this week .... this is when we play the 'waiting game.' 

After the OB appointment, I went to the grocery store.  We needed cat food and litter for Punker, but I also wanted to make sure we had some extra things at the house just in case we do go into labor.  So, I got you some extra food too, some extra meat for the freezer, and things for lunch this week.  I also got some ingredients for the crock pot for tomorrow.  I've been wanting 'pizza potatoes' for a while, so I got the extra ingredients for that so you and I can make it for dinner tomorrow before the UNC game.  We play Wake Forest tomorrow evening, and since they're at the bottom of the ACC right now, it should be an easy win .... we'll see!

While Mimi was still here, we did your laundry and I did all the dishes downstairs.  The door to the dishwasher snapped a piece again (so you have to be really careful when you open the door since it kind of 'falls' open).  But, daddy ordered some parts for it so it can be fixed soon.  You hardly crawl over there, but when you do, we move you to make sure you're safely away from the door.  :-P

Mimi made cookies for us for Valentine's Day.  She gave daddy and I cookies with frosting, but you had your own container with plain cookies.  You gobbled up a cookie at lunch and at dinner!  Hummm, you won't eat your actual meal, but you'll eat a cookie!  I guess you really are my child!  I love cookies!  I've never been so proud!  ;-)  But, we're seriously going to have to work on the picky eating situation! 

You fell asleep after lunch.  I read and rested next to you as you snored.  Once you woke up, we went downstairs and made dinner for daddy.  We made an easy tortellini dinner.  Daddy liked it! 

Afterward, you and I practiced your walking with the push toy upstairs.  You walked all around the bonus room several times.  Daddy ordered a few things on the computer to prepare for the next soccer season.  Soccer starts in a few weeks for daddy.  Usually the games are late, so we'll have to see if there are any we can go to or not.  It may just be too hectic with you and Peanut to try to make it to an evening game.  We'll see.

You and daddy watched 'Be My Valentine Charlie Brown' as I took a shower.  Then, we all played and relaxed in the bonus room until bed time. 

Tomorrow we need to make a quick trip to the bank, but other than that we'll probably be hanging around the house again.  I don't venture too far these days just in case something happens.  Maybe we can go for a walk if the weather is nice? 

Sleep tight little fellow!

I love you my little Valentine!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment