Sunday, February 27, 2011

Due Date


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  Today's the day .... today is our official 'due date' for Peanut.  We are 40 weeks gestation .... 10 weeks longer than we made it with you.  If nothing happens today, then we have a C section scheduled for tomorrow for Peanut to enter the world! 

I had a rough night.  I didn't feel well so I was up and down all night feeling nauseous and drinking water.  :-P  My stomach continued to feel weird all day, but I never got 'sick' thank goodness.  :-P

We were pretty lazy this morning and just watched cartoons with you in the bonus room after breakfast.  Our goal was to spend as much time with you as possible and to just relax since our lives will become more hectic starting tomorrow.  After we got ready for the day, Grandpa Jim, Gigi, and Uncle James came over for lunch and to visit with you.  Uncle James made you something .... when he was little, he had a blue dinosaur coat hanger in his room that said 'James' on it.  He took his name off it and glued blocks on it so it says 'Joshua' now!  It's so cute!  We'll have to get daddy to hang it up for you!  ;-)

We showed them our new double stroller, and we all went for a walk up to the park.  Today was a beautiful day!  It was in the 70's and there were lots of kids outside playing.  Gigi and I sat together on a bench once we got to the park.  Daddy, Uncle James, and Grandpa Jim took you for a longer walk to the greenway and then put you on the swings.  

It was good to talk to Gigi this afternoon.  She reassured me of things and gave me comfort since I'm still nervous about tomorrow and scared.  She's going to meet daddy and I at the hospital tomorrow morning and she'll stay with me tomorrow evening as daddy and Mimi stay with you.  

After the park, Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie came by to see you as Uncle James, Gigi, and Grandpa Jim were leaving.  They played with you for a while, but then left once you were getting tired.  You still hadn't napped today.  I picked you up and rocked with you.  You immediately fell asleep on me!  

I held you for a while and didn't want to let you go.  Peanut moved around while you were sleeping and you eventually scooted around so that your head was resting on my belly on top of her!  I'm going to miss your little naps together .... your head on my belly and Peanut kicking around.  I'm also going to miss Peanut's little kicks and movements!  But, I'm also excited about this new adventure that daddy and I are about to go on with you all.  

Daddy and I rested on the couch in the bonus room with the windows open as you slept.  It was a quiet and sweet moment of silence as you napped.  We talked about tomorrow and how thankful we are to have you and Peanut in our lives.  Daddy and I are so blessed!  Daddy prayed for the doctors and nurses at dinner tonight .... I'm sure things will go well, but extra prayers are always appreciated.  ;-)  Cousin Stephanie and (Great) Aunt Beth called this evening to let us know that they were praying as well.  

This evening we played in the bonus room and relaxed as we watched UNC play basketball.  We gave you a nice bath since it's been almost a week.  We had to wait several days before we could put you in the tub after your surgery.  You're still a little bruised, but you're doing really well!  I'm so proud of you!

I called Penny, and she was more than willing to come over and watch you tomorrow morning as daddy and I head to the hospital.  She's going to come over around 7:30am and daddy and I will leave shortly after.  You'll see daddy and Mimi later than day, but I won't be home tomorrow once I leave.  I know you'll be fine, but it's still hard for me to think about.  I wish I could take you with me .... but at the same time, I'll have little Peanut there to welcome into the world and spend time with.  :-)  Daddy reassured me that he would bring you to the hospital at some point so I could see you .... and for you to meet Peanut!  Also, we can take you to see the ICN (Intensive Care Nursery) nurses at the hospital!  They'd be so surprised to see you now!  

I love you and Peanut so much .... and I pray things go smoothly tomorrow .... I pray that Peanut is healthy and I pray that the Lord takes away my anxiety and apprehension ....

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  
Joshua 1:9  (NIV)

Sleep tight little miracle .... I can't wait to have two little miracles tomorrow!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment