Friday, February 11, 2011

Sixty Nine Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little fellow.  Today you are sixty nine weeks old .... getting on up there!  Every time I turn around you're getting older!  Ha!  Oh wait, that means I am too!  ;-)

Today I had a follow up appointment with the MD for Peanut.  They wanted to check my blood pressure again.  Mimi came over in the morning to watch you just in case they wanted to run more tests.  My blood pressure was good (114/70) and Peanut's heart rate was great (151).  She's still low and head down.  They didn't check for any dilation since they checked on monday.  So, to get me back on the weekly dilating schedule, I have another appointment monday morning.  By then we'll be 38 weeks and 1 day gestation!  Wow!

While Mimi had you at the house, I ran to the grocery store to pick up some milk and cereal.  You all were having a yogurt snack when I came back.  

Mimi left shortly after and the two of us went upstairs to play.  I was hungry, so I ate some lunch.  You didn't want anything (Mimi and I tried before she left), so you played around me as I quickly ate.  Then, before I knew it, you crawled up onto a pillow next to me and fell asleep!  You must have been worn out from this morning!  ;-)  You napped for a while and I debated whether I should wake you since you were sleeping through lunch!  I decided to let you nap, but I knew you would wake up hungry.  

So, I read a little while you slept and then brought some food upstairs for you.  Once you woke up, I put you in the little travel high chair on the floor and you ate a late lunch.  :-)  That was easier than carrying you up and down the stairs.  

Mimi got you a cellphone toy that kind of looks like a remote too.  You played with it for a long time and didn't even try to grab the real television remote control!  Your toy one plays music, makes little phone calls to the puppy 'Scout' (who you have in your crib), and teaches you numbers.

We made dinner before daddy got home.  We roasted some potatoes, corn, carrots, onions, broccoli, and asparagus together and then cooked some chicken on the stove.  It turned out pretty good for just making up the recipe!  ;-)

Oh, I almost forgot, we saw some deer in the backyard this morning!  They were far away, but we could still see them!  And, your (Great) Aunt Beth called to check on you and Peanut.  I updated her on the appointments this week and said that everything was going well so far.

This evening we played with daddy in the bonus room.  You showed him your new cellphone toy and daddy tickled you a lot so that you would giggle your precious, little laugh!  That always makes me smile!

Tomorrow we get to spend the day together as a family!  I hope you get some rest!

Sleep tight!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment