Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Squash


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

You two are getting so big!  I'm so proud of you both!  Joshua, you slept on your mattress in your own bedroom and Grace slept in her crib.  This was the first time Joshua slept outside our room.  I have to confess .... I missed having him next to us though I know he should be in his own bed in his own room.  Daddy and I kept checking on him throughout the night.  Grace, you woke at 7:15am.  Daddy changed you and then I nursed you.  :-)

Joshua, you ate some Cheerios and Golden Grahams with me at breakfast.  Grace, you tried squash for the very first time!  And, you did very well with them! 

We went to Joshua's Occupational Therapy and Food Aversion appointments today.  You had fun with Mary Beth exploring the rice and bean bucket.  You crawled through the tunnel, which you hadn't done there before.  I was on one end and Mary Beth was on the other.  You also went down their slide and worked on your gross motor skills.  With Kim, you tried chocolate pudding and had a 60% success rate on trials.  I don't think you liked the chocolate that much, but you eat chocolate chip cookies, so maybe the pudding was too much? 

As we were driving home from his appointments, I clocked yesterday's walk.  We went a little over 4 miles!  Woo hoo! Go us!  Lets try to get out there and do more together.  I certainly need the exercise.  ;-)

For lunch Joshua ate an entire string cheese and some gold fish crackers.  Grace had more squash.  Joshua, you fought a nap all afternoon.

We played with an ABC toy that plays music this afternoon.  I tried to sing the different songs to you all that it played but I didn't know all the words.  So, I made them up.  You two didn't seem to mind.  Nor did you mind my singing!  :-)

I can't believe it's already October!  Joshua, you're almost two years old!  Wow!  What do you want for your birthday?  I bet we'll go to the state fair again.  We took you last year, and this year your birthday is on a sunday, so I'm sure we'll go again.  Last year we saw all the exhibits, animals, and people.  :-)

For dinner Joshua had hotdog, pizza, and goldfish crackers.  Grace, you had more squash.  You almost ate an entire 3.5 ounce container of squash today.  There's only a little bit left!  Wow! 

We all played in the bonus room this evening.  Joshua fell asleep in his 'bed' in his room.  Daddy left after Joshua fell asleep to play soccer.  Grace and I were still awake.  She was eventually sleep by 10pm.  I stayed awake and held her since I had insomnia.  :-P

Tomorrow Penny will be here.  I know you all will have fun!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment