Saturday, October 29, 2011

34 Years


Dearest Blessings~

Thirty four years ago today your Gigi and Grandpa Jim got married on Carolina Beach.  Today we celebrated the wonderful blessing of their marriage.  I pray that daddy and I have 34 years together .... and then some!  :-)

This morning Grace woke up at 5:20am.  I was a little surprised since she ate so well yesterday.  I changed and nursed her and then listened to the rain fall outside.  Joshua woke up at 7am and immediately ran into the bonus room to play with Grandpa Jim. 

Joshua, you didn't want any Cheerios this morning.  Grace, you ate a little bit of oatmeal with fruit.  You also tried a 'puff' for the first time.  It's basically a 'cheerio' that dissolves in your mouth.  You gave the funniest face with it!  We'll keep trying since you're eating more solid foods .... plus it will help your fine motor skills to learn to pick them up!

This morning you all played with Grandpa Jim, Gigi, and Uncle James .... remember they all spent the night since daddy was out of town.  I prepared the crock pot for an anniversary pot roast and veggies!  

Grace, you have two new nicknames .... Gigi calls you 'chickpea' since my nickname is 'sweetpea' .... and Grandpa Jim calls you 'scooter' since you're really crawling fast now!  He also still calls you 'peanut' too!  :-)

Joshua, you love playing with Uncle James.  You all had art time this morning, and played with some puzzles and blocks.  Grandpa Jim helped us with some errands .... he took all our boxes to the recycling center.  Everyone helped us rearrange and organize the playroom and Joshua's room.

We all watched the UNC football game this afternoon!  It was homecoming at UNC this weekend.  We were going to meet our friends there .... Stephanie, Emily, Sherrill, Alicia .... but things just got so busy this weekend and daddy was gone.  But, UNC won!  Woo hoo!

This evening Joshua had a chicken nugget and a few hotdog pieces.  Grace, you ate a container of oatmeal and fruit.  But, you also spit up this evening.  You haven't done that in a long time.

Uncle James stayed with us this evening.  It was really nice to catch up with him since I don't get to see him very often.  Plus, Joshua loved having someone to stack blocks with.  Grace, you got your hand squished by a toy but it was an accident and you were fine once I picked you up.

Uncle James read Joshua his bedtime story.  I stayed in his room and laid down in his bed with him until he fell asleep.  Grace, you fell asleep early in the crib after I nursed you.  We'll see how long you stay sleeping.

This afternoon was our friend Allison's mom's memorial service.  I went as you all played at the house.  Allison spoke touching words about her mother during the service and I wanted to share with you both some things that she said.  

She said something that's so true .... every generation goes through it without realizing it at the time.  Every little girl grows up trying not to become their mother.  But, despite their best effort and intentions, they always do.  As she spoke of her own similarity to her mother, I started to think of my own mother, Gigi.  I hope I become like my mother as well, even if I just become half the person she is. Which means, Grace .... you may become like me!  ;-)

It was cold and rainy all morning.  But, as the service started, the sun came out.  It looked like God's shining light coming into the church.  We will continue to pray for Allison and her father during this time.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment