Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Early Appointment


Dearest Blessings~

What a sleepless morning!  For some reason, Joshua, you got out of your bed and started to whimper as you walked through the hallway into our bedroom.  It was 3:30am.  You ended up noodling into our bed to sleep.  Then, at 4am, Grace got up hungry.  Daddy changed her diaper and then I nursed her.  I didn't put her back into her crib until 5am.  :-P

I ended up having to wake up Joshua early so we could get ready for his appointment.  We had an appointment at Rex Hospital to see more of the feeding team.  We had to leave the house a little after 8am to make it in time.  And, we would have been early if the traffic wasn't backed up on the beltline.  We were about 5 minutes late.  :-P 

We did some dry spoon trials with Krista, a speech and language pathologist there who also works with food aversion.  It took a long time to do the trials because Joshua is so stubborn.  :-P  You have a very strong will and did not want to open your mouth for a dry spoon.  That was behavior, nor reflux, since there was nothing on the spoon.  But, you're not the most extreme case that she's seen.  She's once saw a two year old girl who was still nursing and not eating any solid foods!  Grace, sweetie, you will definitely be weaned prior to two years old!  ;-)

I tried you on the yogurt and gold fish crackers as well.  You spit out the yogurt and a few gold fish.  That, she said, was reflux because you also coughed with them.  They are suppose to call in a new prescription for prevacid as a liquid since you don't take the pills very well.  And, depending on how that goes, you might go on a decongestant as well .... just for the side affect of weight gain.  We have another follow up appointment in november.

Once we were done, I ended up nursing Grace in the car.  Then, we made a quick trip to Target because we needed diapers!  We were home by lunch.  Joshua, you ate half a hotdog and Grace ate some peas, but not much.  Still don't like those peas, huh?  ;-)

Today was a beautiful day!  We went for another 6.5 mile walk this afternoon!  We did it in just shy of two hours .... I shaved a few minutes off my time!  ;-)  You two took a nice nap.  Oh, Joshua, you ate two thirds of a string cheese when we got back home. 

I organized your shelf in the fridge so Penny will know where your food is.  Then, I made my lunches for work this week as you two played.  You two also helped me start some laundry .... I forgot I needed to wash my scrubs for tomorrow! 

Joshua, you had a good dinner this evening.  You ate some shredded chicken, hotdog pieces, and some mac and cheese.  Grace, you ate almost a whole container of a sweet potato and corn mixture!  :-)

Joshua, daddy gave you a nice bath this evening after dinner.  Grace, you went with me to run an errand and you cried in the car the entire time.  :-P

I tried to see if you would calm yourself this evening, so I put you to bed by yourself in the crib little lady.  Nope.  You just kept crying and crying.  You ended up using me as a pacifier to go to bed.  You wake up crying and I wonder if this is why .... you can't go to bed by yourself, so once you fall asleep I put you in the crib.  This reminds me of Joshua when we tried to get him to sleep in crib .... he never learned to put himself to bed either.  

Tomorrow's another work day, so Penny will be here!  Daddy has a meeting after work, so Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie will be here to watch you all once Penny needs to leave.  

Sleep tight!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment