Thursday, October 13, 2011

Award Winning


Dearest Gifts~

Oh my oh my little Grace!  You were up at 2:30am this morning!  What's up with that?  Daddy changed you and I nursed you.  We were so tired.  Once you fell asleep, I put you back int he crib.  You promptly rolled over and woke up crying!  I picked you back up and held you until 3:30am.  Then, I put you back in the crib and tried to fall back asleep (I think it was around 4ish).  I checked on Joshua before going back to sleep. 

Later in the morning I woke Grace up by gently changing her diaper.  I wanted to nurse her once more before heading to work.  Grace, you like to play with my hair as I nurse you.  It's cute, but some times you tough on my hair.  :-P

Joshua, you apparently had a great eating day with Penny.  You ate crackers, hotdog pieces, cheese, and pepperoni pieces.  Then, you had a huge Burp!  And, when daddy got home, you ate two entire chicken nuggets!  Wow!  Good job little man!

You two also had music and dance time, reading time, block play, and went to the park.  Penny put a headband on Grace and she wore it for an hour.  She apparently kept saying 'dada' so Joshua starting saying 'dada' after hearing Grace!  Ha!  ;-)

I got an exciting phone call when I was at work today.  Remember last weekend when you two helped me drop off my photo for the photography contest at the State Fair?  Well, I got a phone call from the NC State Fair Art Dept .... my photograph 'Electric Slide' WON an HONORABLE MENTION and will be on display!!  Woo hoo!!  That means I am now an 'Award Winning Photographer' .... in case anyone asks.  ;-)  I was so excited and I told all my coworkers this afternoon!  I can't wait to take you two to the fair this weekend so we can see it hung up!  They say hundreds of thousands of people go to the State Fair each year .... which means all those people can see my photograph!  Maybe now we can convince daddy that I need a wide angle lens.  ;-)



Grace, it sounds like you're saying 'mama' now!  How exciting!  Oh, and Joshua now knows how to 'show nice' to people.  Gigi taught him to gently rub Grace's arm (and not hit or tug) to be nice to her.  When I asked him to 'show me nice' this evening, he gently petted and rubbed Grace's arm.  It was so adorable.  :-)

Grace, you were screaming at midnight this evening.  I nursed you and don't know what time we actually went to bed.  I hope you sleep better soon.

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment