Sunday, October 23, 2011

Beautiful Hearts


Dearest Gifts~

Today is Cousin Stephanie's birthday!  I'm sure she'd hurt me if she knew I was telling you this .... but she's turning 30!  ;-)

Grace, you woke up at 5:40am this morning.  Daddy changed you and then I nursed you.  Once you were full awake, you had some garden veggies for breakfast.  You ate half a container!

I got a quick pump in this morning.  I'm building up some mommy milk for Grace for wednesday.  I love fridays and saturdays because those are my rest days from pumping.  ;-)  Then, I packed the diaper bag for our big day.  Grace, you also got a bath this morning.  Joshua, you'll likely get one tomorrow.  ;-)

We all went to Gigi's house for lunch today.  Grandpa Jim had some sandwiches there.  Once everyone ate, you two went for a little walk with daddy, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James.  I stayed at the house and caught up with Gigi. 

We went to Gigi's because your Great Grandparents came over to see Joshua for his birthday .... and wednesday is Great Grandma's birthday!  They brought over a cake .... it was good!  Grace, you had some applesauce.  

Both of you took a little nap while there.  Joshua, Gigi rocked you to sleep and then you continued sleeping on her lap.  Grace, you took a nap on Great Grandma and then Grandpa Jim.  You two were so excited to see everyone!  We need to find some time to see your Great Grandparents more often.

Once home, Joshua ate some carrots and a cookie for dinner.  Grace, you finished your garden veggie mix and half a peas container.  After dinner I did a quick sweep and vacuum of the kitchen.  And, I got another pump in.

We all played in the bonus room this evening.  Joshua, you still need to learn how to share.  We have a lot of toys around here, so you don't need to keep taking things away from Grace.  :-P

I read a wonderful paragraph this evening from a devotional book I'm going through.  I want to share it with you both.  It says:

"The best way for mothers to have a playful heart is to follow their children's lead.  I often pray for God to give me a heart as happy, as playful, as loving, as forgiving, as resilient, as patient, and as beautiful as the hearts I see in my children.  It is no wonder that Jesus calls us to be like the little children in order to enter the kingdom of heaven .... If you need a more playful heart, study a three year old closely.  I often say everyone needs a three year old somewhere in his or her life."

This is so true and such a precious statement!  Children are so playful and adults appear to lose this playfulness.  You two are so innocent and full of love.  I pray that God will give me a heart as beautiful as you two!  I love you both so much! 

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment