Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Woo hoo!  Grace, you didn't wake up until 7am this morning!  Daddy changed your diaper and then I nursed you!  Joshua, you woke up at 7:45am.  Whoa!  Way to sleep in pal!  ;-)

Daddy made pancakes for breakfast this morning.  Grace, you had some green beans.  Joshua, you had a dry spoon trial and you fought it again.  :-P

We all made a trip to Target this morning for some groceries.  Joshua, you ate two cookies!  Grace, you fell asleep on me in the carrier.  We got some extra bed sheets for Joshua.  I switched your bedding when we got home and did a load of you all's laundry.  :-)

Joshua, you fought lunch today.  :-P  Grace, you finished your green beans and then started on some peas. 

We watched another UNC football game, but we lost.  :-P

This afternoon you all helped us organize the play room.  We folded some laundry and had lots of music time.  Mrs. Gibson brought us some dinner this evening.  She brought some chicken pot pie, green beans, salad, and chocolate chip cookies!  Joshua, you surprised us all .... you ate some of the chicken, carrots, and a cookie!  Yippie!  Grace, you didn't eat much .... I don't know if you like peas that much.  Neither does Gigi .... perhaps you're taking after her!  ;-)  Fr. Gibson didn't come, so we'll have to discuss Grace's baptism at another point.

We all played downstairs after dinner in the living room.  Joshua, you love your race cars that Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie got you!  You even go to bed with a little race car now.  Grace, you played with my hair!  :-)

Joshua, you've started to play with the kitchen spatulas.  You like to walk around with them but then you bang them or hit them against things.  :-P

We flipped our mattress this evening.  Joshua, you got in trouble because you kept getting in the way and under it.  It's a heavy king size mattress little man .... we're trying to keep you safe!  

Joshua and daddy played with play doh as I nursed Grace this evening.  Then, we watched the movie 'Cars' .... Joshua LOVED it! 

I read some great Bible verses this evening that I wanted to share with you all:

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful"  
Colossians 4:2 (NIV) 

“May the LORD keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other"  
Genesis 31:49 (NIV)

The second verse really spoke to me .... it reminded me of each wednesday and thursday morning when I leave you two to go to work.  As I pull out of the driveway, I always wave 'I Love You' in sign language back at the house .... even though I know you two can't see me.  Each time we are apart, I pray that God protects you all and keeps you safe!  It's always so hard to leave you two those mornings!  I'm going to try to commit this verse to memory .... it's a great prayer!  :-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment