Monday, October 17, 2011

Check Up


Dearest Blessings~

Grace, you woke up at 7:30am this morning!  Wow!  Those pears must have filled you up yesterday! You did eat two whole containers!  

I had gotten up earlier to pack the diaper bag for the day.  I prepared it for a fun day out!  We had to wake Joshua up to get him ready.  He had an early morning pediatrician appointment for his two year check up.  :-)  Daddy took the day off so that we could go have fun as a family to continue to celebrate Joshua's birthday!  

Dr. Medero was happy to see you today!  You're now 34 inches tall and you weigh 23.2 pounds!  Woo hoo!  You're gaining weight!  You got two shots today .... one was the flu shot.  You also got your finger pricked and had some blood drawn.  I had to hold you in my lap to keep you still.  You were so brave little man!  I was so proud of you!  

Dr. Medero wrote another prescription for the prevacid for you.  I can't get a hold of UNC to make another appointment, which is so frustrating.  If we continue to have trouble, then we'll call Dr. Medero to see if she can get through.

Afterward, we all went to the State Fair again!  It was just the four of us as a family, so it was nice and relaxing.  Plus, it wasn't as crowded as it was on saturday.  We had so much fun!  You two were getting antsy at the end and then fell asleep as we were walking to the car. 

Guess what .... we got to see my photo again!!  It made me so happy!  And, there were people around it admiring it as I was standing there.  ;-)  I know it's just an 'Honorable Mention' but I'm so proud of it!  I smile every time I think that my little photograph is on display for the whole state to see!  This is the first time I've ever really won something, so I want to soak it in as much as possible!  What a blessing to have encouragement from you two and daddy to even enter the competition!  I will always remember this joy and excitement of having my photograph up for others to see and enjoy.  I love watching people walk by it and smile!  :-)

Once we got home, we all played downstairs and I did a quick pump so Grace would have some mommy milk for wednesday.  Grace, you tried some peaches and you ate one entire container today!

Everyone got baths this evening.  I nursed Grace as daddy gave Joshua his bath.  Joshua, after his bath, came running around the corner into the playroom with nothing but a diaper on when he was done!  It was so cute and precious .... I just had to laugh and smile!  :-)

I received some very sad news this evening .... a very close friend of mine lost her mother this evening.  Allison, whom you two have met, lost her mother to cancer and she passed away around 6:35pm.  It's so heart breaking to know that someone has gone through such a loss.  I called our friend, but I know it will take some time for this loss to heal.  Allison is younger than me .... I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose my mother at this age.  Allison is such a strong person .... she was with her mother until the end and helping her father along this process.  Our prayers go out to her and her father as they heal from this loss.  I gave you two an extra hug and kiss this evening after learning this and speaking to Allison.  
 
Gigi and I email, call, or text each other almost everyday.  Having a mother, and being a mother, is such a precious blessing.  I will never take that for granted! 

Sleep tight you two!

I love you two so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment