Monday, March 5, 2012

Windy


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Jd woke around 1130- why so early man?  I put him back to bed and he fell asleep next to me while playing with my  hair.  Slept next to him until G got out of her bed at 3- nursed her back to sleep

This morning the therapy office called and told us that Kim was sick.  So, they cancelled Joshua's speech therapy appointment.  With the extra time this morning, you two helped me fold the laundry.  Then, I bundled you two up and we walked to the park.  It was chilly and very windy!  It it hadn't been so windy we would have stayed longer.  But, we were able to stay for 30 minutes.  I brought a soccer ball and we practiced kicking it around.  I also took some photos of you two at the park.  I got some funny pictures of your hair flying around because of the wind!  ;-)

We were home by lunch time.  You two both ate well for me!  I made more hotdogs to get you two through the week.  Grace, you're also into chicken nuggets.  ;-)  Joshua, you ate 4 oz of applesauce and 3/4th of a hotdog.  And, you also had some chicken and pepperonis.  Wow!

After lunch, you two continued to play downstairs.  I took advantage of your playtime and went ahead and cooked some sausage and veggies.  I prepared it all for a 'tater tot' casserole for dinner.  All we have to do is bake it.  :-)

Since Joshua ate so well for lunch, he was napping by 1:15pm.  I played with Grace for a little bit and then nursed her.   Grace was napping by 2pm.  I laid down next to you two and read.

Once you two were awake, we played downstairs as the casserole baked.  Daddy got home late so we face timed with Gigi on the phone.  :-)

This evening I baked up my computer as everyone was playing.  I don't want to lose these photos of you all!  Daddy cut everyone's nails.  I can't believe how fast your nails grow little people!

Grace, you're still not drinking a lot.  We cut down to about 4 nursing sessions a day.  Perhaps you just need more time to get use to the milk?  You only take a few ounces a day and then drink water or nurse from me.  We'll keep working on that.  You're so active you'd think you would want some more to drink!  :-P

I got some news today from a friend who had a 'micro preemie' (a baby born less than 2 pounds) years prior (she has two sons who were micro preemies because she had pre-eclampsia and HELLP with both pregnancies).  He's a little older than Joshua (about a year or two) and he's just now 26 pounds!  He still needs help with his feeding (tubes and IV's), but he's grown two pounds since his last doctor's visit!  Wow!  When I read something like that I can't believe how blessed we are!  God is good!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment