Sunday, March 18, 2012

Baby Shower


Dearest Blessings~

Today is (Great) Aunt Peans's birthday!  Woo hoo!

Grace, you woke at 3:50am.  I nursed you back to sleep and listened to the rain fall.  To be honest, I had insomnia once you finished nursing.  So, I did some research.  I researched childhood apraxia of speech, what Kim suspects Joshua has.  Joshua appears to show signs of 'volitional' speech, oral apraxia, and verbal apraxia .... from what I can tell.  It's going to take a lot of work to over come.  Generally, children are in speech therapy for years and years.  We'll keep working little man.

We had a little bit of play time this morning.  I cute Grace's nails.  She's congested with a runny nose, so I gave her some tylenol.  I posted some photos of you both online.  Then, after lunch, we headed to Hope Mills for a baby shower.  :-)

The baby shower was for our friends (and Joshua's Godparents) Stephanie and Kevin Dove.  It was held at the fire station where Kevin is the assistant captain.  So, you two got to see real firetrucks up close!  You two ate some cupcake and gold fish crackers.  They were so happy to see you two.  Joshua, you showed them your transformer fire truck toy.  :-)  They liked our gifts .... a photo album, diapers, and clothes.  We had you two stretch your legs while there since we spent so much time in the car (1.5 hours there and 1.5 hours back).

Stephanie had some problems last night and will call the OB tomorrow.  But, their baby may come sooner than excepted.  She's due at the end of April.  I'll keep you two posted, but they're in our prayers. 

Grace, I found out that you are part beaver.  I found you biting on the little table and chair set in the play room today.  Now, one of the chairs has teeth marks.  :-P  But, at least you ate a nice dinner.  You had almost an entire Gerber turkey and veggie jar!

This evening we watched the UNC basketball game.  We won and move into the Sweet Sixteen!  We'll play again on friday.  :-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment