Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Flash Cards


Dearest Miracles~

Little lady .... you were impressive last night and this morning.  You fell asleep before 9:30pm last night and you didn't wake back up until 6:15am this morning!  Whoa! I actually checked on you in the middle of the night since I never heard you, but you were sound asleep!  I wonder if that was a fluke, or if you'll continue to sleep through the night.  ;-)

Joshua, you were still sleeping when I left for work this morning.  So, I kissed you before I left.

We had a staff meeting at lunch today.  My coworker, Sam, is now on FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) and has taken leave for 12 weeks.  Her husband is not doing well, and his cancer is at the end stages.  We're continuing to pray for them.  We're going to take up a collection and get her a gift card somewhere for groceries and other things she may need during this time.  It's so sad.  :-(

When daddy got home, he found you all and Penny playing in the cul-de-sac with some neighbor kids.  Grace, you apparently had fun playing with the other girls .... though they were much older.  :-)

I got home at 6:30pm this evening!  Woo hoo!  We had leftovers for dinner and then we cooked some more hotdogs for you both since you two ate so well today for Penny.

Joshua, I've been doing some more reading on apraxia of speech.  It's scary to think about it the more I read about it .... I go to work and see children say things and wonder when I'll hear Joshua 'talk'. And, from what I've read, children with apraxia are usually dyslexic too.  It's kind of overwhelming, but we'll take it day by day.  We're going to get through this as a family and daddy and I are going to be diligent with helping you!

Once you two were asleep, I stayed up past 10pm working on Joshua's flash cards.  I was trying to laminate them myself.  I used glue stick and a protective covering to try to preserve them longer (you like to crinkle paper).  Gigi gave me the idea .... she's so crafty!  

Tomorrow's another work day, but I'll come home as fast as I can!  I always miss you two when I'm gone.

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment