Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Only Two Sessions


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Little man, you came wandering into our room at 11pm last night.  I wonder why you don't like to sleep by yourself?  I put you back to bed and then fell asleep next to you.  Grace, you woke up at 3:30am.  I nursed you back to sleep.  But, when you woke back up later in the morning, I did not nurse you.  Usually I nurse you a second time and then we go all day until our evening session.  Today, I cut out that second session and let the evening session be our second session and just do the two times.

Joshua .... you did really well for me this morning .... you ate your applesauce at breakfast.  The applesauce also had some strawberry in it.  :-)

I got some sad news this morning at breakfast.  The other dentist I work with, Dr. Rickert, texted me .... she heard from our coworker, Sam.  Her husband passed away this morning from his fight with cancer.  She, and her family, are in our prayers. 

We didn't have a lot of play time this morning since Joshua had his occupational therapy appointment at 9:30am and then speech therapy at 10am.  Joshua, you did well with Mary Beth.  In fact, she thinks you may be able to be discharged from occupational therapy after next week's appointment!  Woo hoo!  How exciting!  Kim gave us some more flash cards to work with.  I told her we've been focusing on the 'p' and 'b' since you had some trouble with me over the weekend.  Right after, we made a quick trip to Target since you two were running low on diapers.  And, I wanted to get Joshua some yogurt.

Joshua, you have been successful for me the past two days eating applesauce for breakfast and yogurt (with fruit) for lunch!  I got some puréed fruit/yogurts at Target and you ate an entire container once home (4 ozs)!  Yesterday, you ate 3 ounces of a strawberry puréed yogurt!  And, you went on to eat half a hotdog afterward.  Good job little man!

Grace, you took down about half a hotdog yourself and then half a Gerber spaghetti jar. If I distract you with a plastic fork of your own to play with, you'll eat more.

I cut everyone's nails this afternoon.  I can't believe how fast those nails grow!  Then, we had some play time upstairs.  Uncle Brennan came over to visit this afternoon.  You two played 'Life' on his tablet computer with him.  And, you showed him the aquadoodles, played with your blocks, and drew with your crayons.  :-)

I ended up forcing a nap at 4pm and drove to Gigi's for dinner.  Daddy had a soccer game this evening, so we went over there to visit and have some fun.  You all got to see Gigi, Grandpa Jim, Uncle James, and Lois.  You all played with some blocks and a fun game on our tablet computer that Gigi found .... you swipe your finger across to cut the fruit as it falls at different speeds.  Grace, you also went for a walk in the stroller with Grandpa Jim and wore some Ironman socks (they were big on you, but it was getting chilly).  ;-)  Joshua was so cute .... he showed everyone how he 'kisses' .... he rubs his nose against yours! He 'kissed' Grace, Uncle James, and Gigi!  :-)

We were home by 8:10pm.  I did our evning nursing session (only the second of the day).  Grace, you were a little crabby in the car .... I think you were getting pretty tired.  I had you two in fresh diapers, pajamas, teeth brushed, ladybug nightlight on (I put the green stars on since that's my favorite color), and in bed by 9pm .... not bad by myself. :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you two so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment