Sunday, March 25, 2012

One Less Session


Dearest Miracles~

Hummm .... once again you two were on the same schedule.  :-P  Joshua, you woke at 2am and Grace woke at 2:30am.  I was still tired from last night.  Daddy put Joshua back to bed and I nursed Grace back to sleep. 

Grace, you woke up crying at 7:10am.  Why do you wake up so grumpy?  You do that more often than not.  I bet you're hungry, but you won't drink milk during the day to help fill your little belly.  You'll only drink a few sips here and there.  And, we're continuing to wean so you need to eat and drink more.

This morning you two helped me prepare the Crock Pot.  We made a pot roast so I had to cut up potatoes, apples, onion, and spinach.  We also added some carrots, corn, and broccoli.  Yummm!  Joshua, you even had a little at dinner!  ;-)

Grace, you're now trying to go up the stairs like a big girl .... you're holding on to the banister rails.  Once the rails are gone, you crawl up the rest of the stairs.  Oh, and guess what I found on you little lady .... two huge bite marks on your back!  Joshua .... I'm looking at you!  Stop biting people! 

Daddy and I continued to work in your clothes today.  We emptied all the dressers and rearranged things.  We packed away small clothes items and took out things for you all to wear and grow into.  It's a slow process.  Joshua, you don't have much spring/summer clothes, so we got through your things.  Grace, you have a lot, so we didn't finish.  We'll have to go out next weekend and see what we can get for Joshua.

Grace has found her tongue.  She plays with it now and drools.  When Joshua sees Grace do it, he'll imitate her and then they will laugh together.  :-)

Grace, you really fought a nap .... you cried and cried.  I laid down next to her in her toddlerbed until she fell asleep.  This was the first time I did not nurse her to sleep for a nap.  I cut out that nursing session to try to continue to wean.  Grace, you were not a fan of that, you poor little thing.  I ended up taking a motrin since I was a little sore from cutting out the session, but you ended up napping for two hours all by yourself!  We're now down to three nursing sessions a day.

Actually, when you went down, Joshua fell asleep in the play room.  So, we all ended up taking a nap!  I stayed with Grace and daddy stayed with Joshua.  I woke to the sound of rain falling after you all had been sleeping for an hour.  I did some things on the computer and took a shower as you all continued to nap.

Once everyone woke up, we made some homemade pumpkin bread with chocolate chips!  I love that bread .... I can eat a whole loaf by myself!  ;-)  We had it baking as the pot roast was finishing in the crock pot. 

We all watched the UNC basketball game this afternoon.  We played Kansas at a shot to become one of the Final Four teams.  Sadly, we had a heartbreaking loss so the season is over.  But, it was a good season!  We made it to the Elite Eight!  Woo hoo! 

You two both got baths afterward and then we headed to bed.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment