Monday, March 12, 2012

After Dinner Play


Dearest Miracles~

Poor little people .... at 12:30am I was nursing Grace.  I stayed in you all's room next to Joshua before then.  I tried sleeping next to Joshua, but he was so congested and warm.  You felt like a little fireball man!  I had the fan on but since you didn't sleep I couldn't either.  Poor baby.  I had daddy some in to help me by 1am.  We gave him some tylenol and daddy continued to sleep with him.  I took Grace into our bedroom and nursed her back to sleep.  I don't know what time everyone actually went to bed.  But, I do know that Grace was awake again by 5am.  :-P

Joshua, I gave you some more tylenol this morning.  You were playful, but you had a runny nose, were sneezy, and still slightly warm.  I cancelled your Rex feeding team appointment but kept Kim's since it was right around the corner and you appeared to be playful.  I took your temperature and you had no fever (97.3 degrees).

Joshua, you had a good appointment with Kim.  She suspects you may have 'verbal apraxia' .... which hinders mouth movements and speech.  You obviously 'understand' things and can point to correct objects, but you can not express things back correctly .... like when someone has a stroke and knows what to say but can't say it.  The treatment would be the same, but it'll just take longer.  So, we'll likely be in speech therapy for a while.  We'll try to be more diligent with your flash cards and words so that we're practicing all the time at home.

Once home, we had some lunch.  Joshua, you kept sneezing and I had to keep wiping your nose.  :-P  I hope you feel better soon.  Afterward, we went upstairs for some play time.  I ran some laundry.

You two helped me wrap daddy's birthday gift.  We used a bag that Grace got for her birthday .... it's pink with a unicorn on it!  Ha!  I'm sure he won't mind that we recycled.  ;-)

Joshua, you had a late, congested nap.  You fell asleep at 2:50pm.  I nursed Grace until she fell asleep.  Grace, you fought your nap little lady!  Nursing you was the only way I could get you to rest!

After dinner, we all went outside and played in the front yard!  We took advantage of the extra sunlight from daylight savings.  I took photos of you all while playing with daddy.  It was such a beautiful day!  Then, we played upstairs until bedtime.  We gave Joshua some more tylenol prior to bed and put some more Vic's on his chest.  I sure hope you feel better tomorrow!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment