Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Too Many Cookies



Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Ok, little man .... you didn't even make it until this morning in your bed.  You came into our room at 11:15pm last night.  I put you back to sleep and then fell asleep next to you.  By 12:45am, I was nursing Grace.  You didn't sleep well at all little lady.  You kept tossing and turning next to me and crying.  Which, also meant I was up all night.  Ugh. 

We had a little bit of playtime this morning and then headed to Joshua's appointments.  Joshua, you did well with Mary Beth today for occupational therapy.  You two worked on your fine motor skills (opening a container and twisting the top back on), self feeding (more work with a spoon), and gross motor skills (jumping).  You also did well with Kim.  You two worked on consonant and vowel sounds more.  Your vowels are better in isolation, verses together with a consonant.  We have to keep reminding you to keep your tongue in your mouth.  

Once home, we had some lunch.  You two ate pretty well for me.  Afterward, I made some more chicken nuggets and french fries to get you two through the week with Penny.  Then, we went upstairs to play.

You two both fought nap time.  I ended up catching up with a friend on the phone as you two played.  My friend is a professional wedding photographer, so it was good to bounce some questions off her too to help with my photography hobby.  :-)

I called a roofing company and one of the them came over afterward.  We have a suspicious area in our dry wall in the playroom.  He went on the roof and took some photos and came down to show me .... we have a leak.  :-P  We also need some small repairs on some other shingles and our gutters need cleaning (which we already knew).  So, they'll likely come back in the next day or so to do the repairs for us.  Oh the joys of home ownership.  :-P

We got to see Aunt Katie afterward.  She read and played with you two.  You two also got to 'face time' with Uncle Brennan on the phone. 

We had leftovers for dinner.  Grace, you did the funniest thing at dinner.  You said 'mama' while pointing at the cookies .... hummm .... perhaps I eat too many of them!  Ha!  ;-)

You all had art time with daddy this evening  before heading to bed.  Tomorrow is another work day but Penny will be here.  I'll come home as fast as I can!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment