Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sickness



Dearest Miracles~

Grace, you did better this morning.  We didn't nurse until 3:40am!  Woo hoo!  ;-)

Poor little man .... by 9am you had thrown up three times.  Obviously I cancelled your occupational and speech therapy appointments.  Kim knew you were sick from yesterday, so they were understanding on the phone, despite the late cancellation (your appointments started at 9:30am and I called around 8:20am).  The first two throw ups were clear and waterish.  The third time was a tad bit more.  I took your temperature (no fever) and gave you a bath.  I rubbed Vic's all over your chest and back.  You refused any apple juice and pedialyte.  I wish you would at least drink the pedialyte.  Afterward, I had you rest on the futon mattress in the playroom.  It was hard to keep Grace away since she wanted to climb on you.  :-P

By 9:30am, you had thrown up a forth time.  Yuck.  Grace was getting fussy because she was hungry.  So, I tried to just get Joshua to rest while I nursed Grace.  Joshua, you were napping by 9:40am.  I took Grace in the bedroom to play and then we went downstairs to let Joshua rest.

Grace, you and I had finished lunch at 11:30am.  Joshua was still napping.  I didn't do any 'chores' (dishes, vacuuming) because I didn't want to wake him.  I continued to keep Grace downstairs to play.  She's such a little busy body!

I forced a nap for Grace by 1pm.  I had to nurse her to sleep.  Joshua, you were awake by 2:30pm!  Whoa!  Your body must have really needed to rest!  What a nap! 

I took you both downstairs for a snack time at 2:45pm.  Joshua, you wanted cheese square crackers and gold fish crackers.  Grace, you ate a few too.  Gigi called to check on Joshua.  I had contacted her earlier when he threw up multiple times and I was worried.  But, you were playful at that point.  As you two played, I made some taco meat for dinner this evening.

Since you all were playful, I decided to take you all out for some fresh air.  We spent 30 minutes at the park stretching our legs.  I brought the soccer with us but you two were more content to play with sticks.  :-P Then we took a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.  I got pretty good at steering the wagon backwards up and downhill.  :-)

After dinner, it was still early and light out, so we went to Target for diapers and a few things for the week.  You all were running low and I didn't want you all to run out of diapers while Penny was here.  Then, we rested this evening and filled out our NCAA basketball tournament brackets.  UNC plays on friday!

I hope Joshua feels better tomorrow for Penny .... it's also daddy's birthday tomorrow!  Woo hoo!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment