Monday, March 19, 2012

Aquadoodles


Dearest Gifts~

Wow .... Grace, you didn't wake up until 4am this morning!  Woo hoo!  Good job!  :-)

We had some art time this morning.  We had fun until Grace tried to eat the brown crayon.  :-P  I then ran some laundry .... once I saved the crayons from being eaten. 

Both of you two have hair in your eyes and need your bangs trimmed.  So, I decided to trim your hair!  I was surprised at how cooperative you two were for haircuts!  This was Grace's 'first' haircut!  ;-)  I save a little bit of hair to keep, like I did with Joshua's first hair cut.  :-)  I only did your bangs.  You all could use more of a haircut, but we had an appointment to get to and I wasn't sure how cooperative you all would be. 

We ran to Target before Joshua's speech therapy appointment with Kim.  Of course I didn't check the weather and we got caught in rainstorm!  We all got wet though you all didn't appear to mind.  I put you two in the cart basket since we weren't picking up a lot of things .... we didn't have time to get stuff over the weekend, and you all were out of hotdogs. 

Joshua, you did well with Kim today for speech therapy.  We also discussed more concerning childhood apraxia of speech.  Your vowels sounded better today.  You had the most difficult with the long 'I'.  Also, you have to split the vowel and consonant sounds instead of trying to put them together in the word.  For example, when doing a VC (vowel consonant) word, like 'up', you split the two sounds.  You tend to do a little better with CV (consonant vowel) words, like 'go'.  

Once home, I cooked some hotdogs for you two.  And, you two were so impressive!  Joshua, you ate one and a quarter hotdogs!  And, Grace, you ate about 3/4 of a hotdog yourself plus over half a jar of gerber spaghetti and meat sauce!  Whoa!  I may have to cook some more hotdogs tomorrow!  Good thing I got hotdogs at the store this morning.

After lunch we all went upstairs for some play time.  I picked up a fun art set called 'Aquadoodles' that we used.  The markers fill with water so you don't mark on the carpet.  :-)  You two loved it, though Grace kept trying to put it in her mouth.

Once you two were done, I put you down for a nap.  Grace, you were fussy and your nose was really runny.  So, I ended up nursing you to sleep.  Joshua, you went down around 3pm.

When you two woke from your naps, you both waved at each other and smiled .... it was adorable!  I literally said 'awww' out loud!  ;-)

You two got to 'face time' with Gigi late this afternoon.  You showed her the aquadoodles.  Once daddy got home, we had some leftovers for dinner and then played upstairs. 

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment