Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day Of Spring


Dearest Angels~

Today is the first day of spring!  Woo hoo!  Hopefully we'll continue to have some nice weather for a while.  :-)

Little man, you woke up at 1:30am.  Little lady, you woke up at 2:30am.  :-P  Both of you went back to sleep after some help from daddy and I.


We barely had any play time this morning.  We had earlier appts today .... a 9:30am occupational therapy appointment and a 10am speech therapy appointment.


It thunder stormed while we were at Joshua's therapy appointments.  Grace and I played in the waiting room.  Joshua, you did well with Mary Beth for occupational therapy.  You two worked on fine motor skill activities like threading small beads on a pipe cleaner and twisting a top off a pill container.  We're still working on your gross motor skill of jumping, though I do see you jumping on the beds at home.  :-P  You also did well with Kim.  She gave us more flash cards to go through at home.  You have trouble with the short 'i' and short 'o' sounds.  

Once home, I cooked some chicken nuggets and fries for you both.  I swear you all ate a ton of french fries at lunch!  Grace, you finished your spaghetti and meat sauce too.  Joshua, you also ate half a hotdog.  After lunch we went upstairs for clean diapers and play time.  Joshua drew with the aquadoodles and I put some music on.  You two sang with me!  :-)

I nursed Grace to sleep at 2pm.  Joshua, you were napping by 2:20pm.  Grace, you were congested and warm, but playful prior to then.


Once Joshua woke, we played with some blocks and Grace continued to nap.  Little man, you correctly identified blue, yellow, green, and red blocks.  Also, you distinguished between the small and big blocks.  :-)  Yippie!  I got you to make some 'b' noises for 'blocks' but then you got frustrated.

Once Grace was awake, we headed over to Gigi's house for dinner and playtime (daddy had a soccer meeting this evening and didn't come home).  You two got to see Gigi, Grandpa Jim, Uncle James, and Lois.  You all ate some 'lunchables' packages for dinner and ate pretty well!  Gigi bought blocks for you two to play with and we brought our aquadoodles!  You all had lots of art time and drew with Gigi and Uncle James.  Grace, you walked around the cul-de-sac several times with Grandpa Jim.  :-)


We got home and did night time nursing session at 8:30pm.  By 9:10pm, I had you both in fresh diapers, pajamas, teeth brushed, and in bed with the ladybug night light on.  Not bad for being by myself.  ;-)  Since you all didn't get to see daddy all day, you'll have to spend some extra time with him tomorrow.  He kissed you all when he got home at 9:30pm.  Joshua, you were still awake but resting in bed.  :-)

Tomorrow's another work day, but I'll come home as fast as I can!  I hate leaving you two!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment