Friday, March 23, 2012

Nice Walk


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Little lady, you woke at 4:40am this morning.  Joshua, you woke much earlier .... around 2:30am.  Daddy put you back to bed and I nursed Grace back to sleep.  

We had a busy morning .... since you two helped me with some chores around the house.  After breakfast, we swept and vacuumed the downstairs.  You all played in the sandbox yesterday, so we had to get the sand off our floor.  :-P  We also did the dishes and then ran the laundry.  We were upstairs and playing the bonus room by 10am. 

I heard from a child services agency (Penny gave me the information) yesterday to get Joshua evaluated for apraxia.  I tried calling the representative back yesterday but kept getting her voice mail.  I called her back again this morning and was able to talk to her .... she was so nice!  Joshua, you qualify for early intervention services based on your birth weight alone (you were less than 10% for your weight based on a 30 weeker).  But, she's still going to send someone to perform an evaluation any way.  It will be beneficial to them to see where you are on the spectrum in all the categories they test (gross motor, fine motor, problem solving, speech, social, etc).  You'll be assigned a service coordinator, who will come to our house to answer any questions we may have and to get us to sign release forms so they can access your medical records prior to the evaluation.  I tried to give her a lot of information over the phone concerning your birth and the different doctors/therapists you've  already seen at this point.  So, now I'm just waiting for the person who does the evaluations to give me a call to schedule it!  We'll have to thank Penny for coordinating that for us!

Ummm .... I found a few more bite marks on Grace today and I caught Joshua 'attempting' to bite her.  I found a bite on her belly and one on her leg!  Little man, you really need to learn not to bite!

We had some art time this morning with the crayons.  I put some music on the back ground.  You two sang with me again!  Ha! 

At 11am, the pest man came to spray inside and outside.  We haven't seen too many creepy crawly things in the house, but I had him spray inside since it hadn't been done a while.  You two watched him.  Then, we had some lunch.  You two didn't eat that well for me though.

I worked on some sounds and words with Joshua after lunch.  I only do a few at a time since you get frustrated little man, but have to keep practicing.

We played with blocks this afternoon.  I caught Grace trying to bite the chairs again .... you're such a beaver!  You know, your (Great) Uncle David chewed on that piano that Gigi has .... if you look closely, you can see little teeth marks on one of the legs.  I guess some kids just do that.  :-P

I ended up taking a little bit of Motrin for my back this afternoon .... ugh!  I must have done something at work again.  Plus, you two are getting heavier!  ;-)

Today was a beautiful day, I put you two in the double stroller and we went for a walk this afternoon!  We walked for over 1.5 hours to the belltower (in the next subdivision) and back.  It was hot out, but everyone had their own water.  You two fell asleep in the stroller.

We saw Mimi afterward.  She came over with some clothes for you two.  Daddy got home earlier than normal so we all ate dinner together.  We got burgers and chicken up the road but you two kept eating french fries!  We also got some frozen yogurt after. 

We were home in time for the UNC basketball game.  It went into overtime but we won!  Whew!  We move on to play Kansas on sunday .... that will be a tough game!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment