Monday, December 26, 2011

Third Funeral


Dearest Angels~

Oh little man, you woke at 3am this morning.  I put you back to bed and fell asleep next to you.  Then, at 7am, I woke up in some pain!  Grace never woke up to nurse and I was leaking!  So, I picked her up to nurse her and wake her on purpose.  :-P

Daddy and I worked on cleaning the downstairs this morning as you two played.  You two helped us get some things done around the house:
- We cleaned, wiped down, and organized the kitchen
- We did the dishes
- We swept the downstairs, but you two like to follow the broom around which makes it a little hard some times  ;-P
- We went through some papers and the shred pile
- We organized the play room

Gigi and Uncle James came over by noon to watch you two.  Mimi came over and daddy and I went with her to Fr. Hale's funeral.  I've been to three funerals in the past three months.  :-(

Fr. Hale was the founder of the school that daddy and I went to growing up.  He was also the rector of the church I grew up in.  In fact, he was the one who baptized me when I was in the fourth grade and gave me the 'God and Country' award when I was in the girl scouts.  :-)  Wonderful words were said about a nice and caring man.  We sang all of our old Chapel hymns.  And, we saw many faculty members and classmates from years prior.  I wished I could have seen more, but I'm sure people were away for the holiday.

You two helped us write some 'thank you' cards this evening and we played in the bonus room.  Joshua, you had some art time with daddy.  You both played with some plastic blocks you got for Christmas from Aunt Katie and Uncle Brennan.  You also played with them with Uncle James earlier and with daddy this evening.  ;-)  You all made towers that were taller than yourselves!


This evening we watched the UNC football bowl game.  It was the last game of the season.  We lost.  Poo!  Oh well!  There's always basketball!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment