Monday, December 12, 2011

Lots Of Meds


Dearest Miracles~

Little man, you didn't even make it to the next day before you started whimpering.  :-P  You woke up and wandering into our room at 11:30pm last night.  I got up and put you back to bed.  I ended up sleeping next to you all night on the mattress on the floor.  You woke up a few times and sat up, but then went back to bed when I rubbed your back and kissed you.  I went back into our room at 6:30am to nurse Grace. 

We had a busy morning.  We had to be at Rex Hospital for Joshua's feeding team appointment by 9am this morning.  Joshua, you are now on three medications.  You're taking prevacid for the reflux twice a day, cyproheptadine for the appetite stimulant once a day, but about to go to twice a day, and then erythromycin (an antibiotic) to ease your digestive track three times a day.  :-P  I honestly hate giving you all these medications, and I don't even know if anything is working.  You didn't eat very well over the weekend at all. 

Krista is still concerned as well.  She's going to talk to Nannette later in the day.  She would like to do scope you earlier than later.  You appear to have something more going on internally that's giving you pain when eating.  I'm in agreement.  You should be eating more than this at 2 years old.  I wish we could finally find a diagnosis so that we can start treatment!

Oh, did I tell you both that we put a tree up for Christmas?  Gigi brought it over on my birthday and we put it up for you two.  It's 4 feet, so we ended up putting it on a table.  You two love to look at it.  :-)
We got home by lunch.  We made a quick stop at Target for a few supplies.  You all were about to run out of diapers and wipes.  You probably would have lasted until the end of the week, but the cat also needed food and litter.

This afternoon we played in Joshua's room.  I read a book and then we all played around the bed with the stuffed animals.  I tried to get Joshua to take a nap, but that didn't work.  :-P  So, we went and played in the bonus room.  I ended up rocking Joshua to sleep at 2:30pm.  I put him on a blanket and pillow in the play room.  I put a second little blanket on top.  Then, I nursed Grace to sleep and read.  :-)

I kept calling Grace 'nay nay' today since she says that all the time now.  I one point I asked Joshua, 'where's nay nay' and he pointed at her!  Ha!  Too cute!  :-)

Daddy brought home some dinner for fun!  We had chicken sandwiches.  Joshua, you ate a little of a nugget.  Grace, you ate a lot of the 'crunchie' crackers!

This evening we played in the bonus room.  It was a pretty relaxing afternoon and evening.  Daddy played us some banjo music too.  Tomorrow Joshua has his occupational therapy and speech therapy appointments.  So, rest up!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment