Monday, December 5, 2011

Our Band


Dearest Blessings~

Little lady .... I changed and then nursed you at 2:20am.  I was so tired.  It was only a few days ago that I had to wake you just to nurse you.  What's going on with the 2am nursing sessions now?  :-P

We only had a little bit of time to play this morning.  Joshua has a feeding team appointment at Rex on tuesday, so we have occupational therapy and speech therapy today.  Our first appointment was at 9:30am with Mary Beth.  You did really well little man!  You went on the swing, used play doh, did puzzles, went all over the crash cushions, went through the tunnel .... you are really showing signs of improvements!  I'm so proud of you!

We made a quick trip to Target between the appointments.  I had to get some birthday gifts for some coworkers.  One assistant has a birthday on the 8th and another has one on the 9th (like me!).  :-)

Our next appointment was at 11:30am for Kim and speech therapy.  We were back at the office by 11am and I nursed Grace in the car before going back inside.  Joshua, you didn't do as well with the PECS pictures as you have in the past.  But, you did make noises and sign for Kim.  You're moving your lips like you want to say thing .... if only we could turn on your vocal chords!  ;-)

We were home by 12:30pm.  You two ate a small lunch.  I'm starting Grace on a water sippy cup so she can practice.  You're a big girl now so you don't need to be on the bottle anymore.  We can start to transition you to a sippy cup.  :-)

This afternoon we did a lot of laundry and listened to Christmas music.  You all played together.  Grace, you took a little nap this afternoon after nursing.  I read to Joshua since he did not want to take a nap.  :-P  Once everyone was awake, you two helped me fold laundry and we had more Christmas music on.  Woo hoo! 

Once the laundry was done, I decided to switch out my mandolins.  I've had the acoustic out for a while and wanted to play with a different one.  I put the acoustic away and took out my 5 string electric mandolin.  This was my birthday gift from last year!  I put Joshua on the ukelele and Grace on the toy keyboard.  We made quite a band!!  Joshua kept wanting to play with all the instruments though .... he must want to be a solo artist.  :-P  We'll keep practicing! 

Joshua, you had a really good dinner this evening.  You ate pieces, of cheese, cheerios, lots of crunchies crackers, lots of golden graham cereal, some tater tots, and part of a cookie!  Way to go little man!  I hope your feeding appointment goes well tomorrow!  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment