Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crayon Eating


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Joshua, you whimpered into our room at 12:30am.  I put you back to bed and then laid down with you.  I fell asleep but then woke up at 4:30am when Grace was hungry.  Daddy changed your diaper and then I nursed you back to sleep. 

Grace, you like to say 'nay nay nay' now.  It's so cute!  I wonder what your first real word will be.  :-)

We all had some play time this morning before getting ready for Joshua's feeding team appointment at Rex Hospital.  I have some clothes in the playroom and Joshua likes to walk around with them like he's playing dress up!  Ha!  There's only scrubs and hats in there!

Joshua, your appointment was at 11am.  We saw Krista and the nurse Nannette.  You ate a lot for Krista on a spoon (finger foods on the spoon) ....  about half a hotdog, some string cheese, some pepperoni pieces, gold fish crackers, and golden grahams.  You showed some growth on the length and weight charts (not a lot for weight, but we're still going to take it). 

They want to start you on cyproheptadine.  This is a decongestant, but the side effect is weight gain, so it should help to increase your appetite.  It's a small dose to begin with and we'll give it to you once a day for the first week.  We'll likely increase it to twice a day after that.  It may make you a little sleepy.  We have another appointment next monday.

Little man, UNC will call me to schedule a 'scope' in January.  Krista still thinks you have things more GI related that perhaps these medications won't completely resolve.  We're going to try these medications this month, but will likely have a scope in January at the hospital to see if you have any inflammation in your GI system.  You'll have to be sedated, so I'm not happy about that, we need to do whatever we have to so that you're comfortable and eating right!  They still think you're having 'pain' from something since you resist the spoon so much.  Also, I've noticed that sometimes to come over and whine when I'm feeding Grace some pureed foods.  Perhaps you think I'm hurting her?  I hope we get this resolved soon though .... I wish you would eat better and gain weight more .... I have no problems gaining weight!  Ha!  ;-)

I nursed Grace in the car after the appointment.  We didn't leave Rex until 1pm.  You two fell asleep in car.  Once home, you two woke up and I was starving!  Finally got a lunch at 2pm.  Everyone was fed with a clean diaper by 2:30pm.  We went upstairs and played.  I put some Christmas music on. 

Late in the afternoon we had lots of art time .... until Joshua ate a crayon!  Ugh!  You bit the top right off!  Luckily you didn't swallow it, but that definitely put an end to art time.  Then, we read a bunch of stories .... Joshua just kept bringing book after book over to me.  We were in his room where he keeps a lot of books.

This evening, you two helped me move the kitchen table and chairs into the living room.  Since we have a rug there, I wanted to protect the remaining floors.  We're already scuffing the kitchen area a little from the chairs.  So, we ate dinner in the living room.  :-)  I tried cleaning the marks off the floor as you two were playing.  We made a quick pizza for dinner.

Once daddy got home, we went to the play room and watched the UNC basketball game! We won!  :-)

Tomorrow's another work day so Penny will be here!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment