Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve


Dearest Miracles~

Today is Christmas Eve!  Woo hoo!  This time last year it was snowing!  Do you remember Joshua?  Now, it's in the 60's!  I can't believe this weather!

Well, little man, you woke up at 3:20am.  I put you back to bed and then fell asleep next to you.  I was nursing little Grace by 6:20am.  

Grace stayed awake after I nursed her this morning.  So, I took her into the play room so everyone else could get some sleep.  She played around for a little bit and then fell asleep on a pillow on the floor!  It was so cute!  ;-)  I picked Grace up from the pillow and laid down with her .... we both fell back asleep as the boys were getting up!  :-P

You two helped us with lots of chores this morning!  Here what we all got done:
Downstairs swept
Rugs vacuumed
Pictures hung
Dishes done
Vacuumed play room
Did laundry
Organized for tomorrow

Everyone's coming here tomorrow for Christmas brunch and some fun!  So, we needed to get this place ready for company.  We took a break for lunch. :-)

After lunch, we completed a few more chores:
Cleaned kitchen
Vacuumed stairs
More laundry
Straightened play room
Steam sterilized pump pieces

Whew!  Just need everything to stay this way and clean for company tomorrow.  :-P

By mid afternoon we were watching some Christmas specials and resting.  You two were napping by late afternoon.  Grace, you fell asleep on me and Joshua fell asleep on daddy.  :-)

We all had a relaxing dinner (we made a pizza) and then played downstairs.  We each opened one Christmas gift!  This was Grace's first Christmas present!  You two got outfits from your Great Grandfather in Virginia.  Joshua will wear his tomorrow.  Grace, you still need to grow into yours, but you still have an outfit for tomorrow.  ;-)

Daddy got a CD from you two.  I got a 'drawn' check from daddy for a camera lens!  Woo hoo!  I've been saving my birthday money and my State Fair winnings for a lens!  I'm trying to find a good used or refurbished one to get.  :-)


You two got baths this evening.  Grace, I went ahead and put you in your outfit for tomorrow since it's something you can sleep in too.  It says 'My First Christmas' on it.  You're so cute!  :-)  Daddy trimmed both of you all's nails and neither of you fought it!   Yippie!

Sleep tight!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment