Friday, December 23, 2011

Barium


Dearest Gifts~

Today is (Great) Aunt Allyson's birthday.  Daddy called her and left a message to wish her a happy birthday!  :-)

Joshua, since you woke at 3:44am, I took you downstairs and you drank some water.  You weren't allowed to have anything to eat or drink after 4am.  Daddy then put you back to bed.  I stayed with Grace.  She fell asleep early, so I woke back up at 5:45am leaking through my shirt!  I picked her up to nurse her on purpose!  :-P

I didn't sleep well last night since I was nervous about today's procedure.  I'm a 'light' sleeper in general and don't always sleep well to begin with.  So, last night was even worse.  I said a little prayer for Joshua and the doctors this morning.

Daddy was already planning on working from home today.  So, he kept Grace here.  Mimi came over and rode with me to Wake Radiology near Rex Hospital.

Once I got into the room with Joshua, I learned something .... they weren't going to do the upper GI endoscope today!  They did the barium swallow test instead .... so they wanted Joshua to drink some barium and then they were going to take radiographs of his digestive system and GI system.  Well, you can imagine how uncooperative Joshua was with that!  If he doesn't eat much, what makes them think he was going to drink barium?  :-P  Ugh!

I had to try to get the barium down him, which was unsuccessful.  He cried and screamed.  The assistant helped in trying to keep him down as the doctor took the images.  At one point, all three of us were singing to you to calm you down!  We sang 'the wheels on the bus' and 'jingle bells' for you!  

So, they did some radiographs, but they couldn't tell a ton since he wouldn't drink the barium.  :-P  We know what your organs are in the correct position, but we still don't have answers on why you don't eat little man.  I'm so frustrated at this point.  I pray we get a diagnosis soon so we can go ahead and have you eating and gaining weight!  You were cute in your little gown though.  I had to wear a big lead apron.

Once we got home, we fed everyone and changed all the diapers.  We played in the bonus room after lunch and planned out what we wanted to make for everyone for Christmas brunch.  :-)  Then, we went to Target for the groceries.  We saw one of my coworkers there and she held Grace for a little bit!  It was such a beautiful day with wonderful weather.  I can't believe it's almost Christmas with this weather! 

Daddy grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner.  You two helped make a potato and veggie side.  Then, we made some cookie dough.  We'll bake the cookies on Christmas for the staff at the ICN (Intensive Care Nursery) at Wake Medical Hospital.  :-)

I took another little video of Grace walking again this evening.  Then, we watched 'Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas' together.  Uncle James and I grew up watching this!  Ha!

I do have some sad news little ones .... Fr. Hale, the founder of the elementary, middle, and high school where daddy and I went, passed away today.  He was at our wedding almost 4 years ago.  He touched so many lives!  Every year, the elementary school performs a huge 'Christmas Pageant' celebration.  This year, Fr. Hale will celebrate Christmas in Heaven with our Lord!  Our prayers go out for his wife and family at this time ....

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both dearly!

Tomorrow's Christmas Eve .... :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment