Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day Out


Dearest Angels~

Grace, you made it sleeping in your crib last night from 9:30pm to about 2am!  Woo hoo!  That's progress!

We didn't have a lot of time to play this morning .... we had a pretty busy day out on the town!

At 9:20am we left house.  Joshua had his feeding team appointment with Krista at Rex Hospital at 10am.  He ate some hotdog and chicken.  But, he also spit things out.  Plus, it wasn't enough to really count as a 'meal' with the amount that he ate.  You did do well with the dry spoon though.  We did 20 trials and you opened your mouth for each one!

We're going to try a dairy free trial for the rest of the I week and then call Krista to see if your eating or behavior has changed.  Perhaps you have a diary allergy?  I wish we had some real answers as to why you're not eating.  Plus, we're going to continue with the three medications.

By 11am we were leaving Rex Hospital.  We saw Uncle James by 11:30am for lunch, diapers, and a little bit of play time.  He wasn't far from our second appointment of the day.  And, I didn't feel like driving across town back home.  :-P  Grace, you showed off how you're beginning to walk now.  :-)

We left at 1:15pm to make it in time for Grace's eye examination at 2pm.  Grace, you saw Dr. Board for your blocked tear duct for your left eye.  He's the one who did Joshua's retinopathy surgery when he was still in the NICU.

I put Joshua in the stroller (he played with a car) and I had Grace in the carrier against me.  Grace, you have a mild case, so he wants to wait another 3 months to see if it clears up more.  If it doesn't then he might have to unblock it for you with minor procedure.  I'm hoping it'll clear up.  It's been looking a lot better recently and Joshua's cleared up eventually.

We were out in 15 minutes!  Woo hoo!  ;-)

We headed to Harris Teeter afterwards to get some almond milk for Joshua.  We're going dairy free this week, so I needed something for him to drink!  They gave me some formula powder to put in the almond milk to increase his calories too.

We were home with clean diapers and nursing Grace by 4pm.  Whew!  That was a long day out!  I hung up your stockings.  I had the ones that Uncle James and I used when we were little children.  One's a bear (mine) and one's a reindeer (Uncle James's).  They're so cute over our fireplace!

We had some company for dinner.  Barbara (one of daddy's former coworkers) came over.  You all last saw her when Grace was a month or two old.  She brought food and we visited.  Joshua, you were very fussy this afternoon and evening, but it ended up you were just tired.  You didn't get a good nap in with all the travels today.  :-P

Tomorrow is a work day so Penny will be here.  I'll rush home as fast as I can!
 
Sleep tight you two!
 
I love you both so much!
 
~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment