Friday, December 9, 2011

Birthday Wishes


Dearest Gifts~

Today's my birthday!  Woo hoo!  I love birthdays!  What a blessing and celebration of the miracle of birth!

Everyone jumped into bed to wish me a happy birthday this morning!  Such a wonderful way to start my day!  I couldn't help thinking how blessed I am!  

What a great morning .... daddy made pancakes for breakfast and I made myself a little hot chocolate!  Yummm!  :-)

You two gave me your birthday gifts before breakfast.  I got two CD's.  You two had wrapped them .... so cute!  They were two CD's that I wanted.  Both folk and bluegrass.  We listened to them downstairs as we ate and cooked.  :-)  Thanks! 

As daddy was cooking the pancakes, you two helped me roll out our new rug for the kitchen area (Grandpa Jim picked it up for us yesterday).  Daddy moved our table and chairs onto it.  Now, we won't scratch up the new floors.  :-) 

We played upstairs this morning.  I did some laundry and then took photos of you two .... we're still working in Av mode.  And, we had some Christmas music on.  :-)  Daddy worked a half day from home, so we tried to stay out of his way in the morning.  Joshua, you had art time with him by mid morning.  :-)

Today was a little chilly .... it stayed in the 50's. 

As I cooked lunch, you two played downstairs and also helped me prepare a potato puff casserole for my birthday dinner.  Daddy gave me his birthday gift .... it was a book that I wanted!  I got three thoughtful gifts from three thoughtful people!  Thank you so much!

I gave Grace a bath after lunch and then cut her nails.  Then, we headed over to Pam's this afternoon.  Joshua and I got haircuts.  We look so much better!  ;-)  Well, Joshua's always cute .... but she helped trim and clean up what daddy and I tried to do.  :-P  Joshua, you slept on daddy throughout the appointment! 

We're having a birthday lunch at our house tomorrow, so we went to pick up some groceries for that afterward.  We were home in time to cook our casserole for dinner.  :-)

Guess what .... I got a little check in the mail from the State of NC .... it was my 'prize' money from my photograph at the State Fair!  I'm now a 'paid' award winning photographer.  Ha!  ;-)

This evening we all relaxed and just had fun.  We ordered some Christmas gifts online and then watched some television.  :-)
What a wonderful birthday .... I got to spend the day with a wonderful husband and two precious children .... what other gifts could a girl ask for?  ;-)
Sleep tight little ones!

I love you two so very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment