Friday, July 15, 2011

Rice Cereal


Dearest Miracles~

Guess what happened this morning .... Grace stayed sleeping when I put her down in her bassinet last night and I didn't have to hold her!  Plus .... Grace didn't wake up until 6am!  Wow!  I was in pain from not nursing or pumping and started to leak through my shirt, but you slept so I couldn't complain much!  :-)  Daddy changed Grace and then I nursed her.

This morning, Joshua helped me sterilize the pump pieces and run some laundry.  We did sheets and pillow cases first.  Then, we ran you all's laundry.  :-)  Grace fell asleep during a tummy time session.

We also had some music time upstairs.  I put a new CD on and we ended up listening to 5 CDs!  :-)  We stayed in the play room most of the time because daddy ended up working from home for his half day.  His car wouldn't start this morning.  It needs a new battery!  Good thing it happened when it did and not when he was out and stranded.  What a blessing.

However, Joshua threw something two different times at daddy's coffee mug while he was trying to work downstairs.  :-P  So, I tried to keep you all in the play room as much as possible and out of his way. 

While we were playing, Joshua did the cutest thing.  We were playing with a monkey while I nursed Grace.  I tried to make a monkey noise (oo oo ah ah) and Joshua smiled, held the monkey, and went 'ah!'  It was so sweet!

When daddy got 'off' from work, we watched the Japan vs Sweden soccer game.  Japan won so we play them for the championship on sunday!  Go USA!  The last time the USA women won the World Cup in soccer was in 1999 in penalty kicks!  Germany has won the last few times.  They were eliminated by Japan this year, though I felt a little bad because Germany is hosting it .... and I'm part German.  :-P

This afternoon we went to Target for some things.  Then, we came back here and made tacos for dinner.  Joshua didn't eat much all day.  I boiled some hotdogs this evening and he ate a little bit of one and then a lot of gold fish crackers for dinner.

Grace, you tried rice cereal for the first time this morning!  I mixed one tablespoon with one ounce of mommy milk!  I don't know how much you actually ate since a lot ended on your bib.  We'll keep trying.  :-P  The good news is that you had no food reactions during the day.  :-)

Also, you're starting to play with your feet more.  It's so cute.  If you're on your back, you'll put your feet up in the air and grab them with your hands.  I've also seen you try to put your toes in your mouth.  :-)

Oh, and I almost forgot .... if we say to Joshua, 'Give Grace a kiss' he'll lean over and touch his nose to the top of Grace's head!  It's so adorable.  :-)  He then smiles and giggles.  :-)

Tomorrow is saturday so we'll get to spend the whole day with daddy as a little family!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment