Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day


Dearest Angels~

Happy Independence Day!  The United States of America is now 235 years old!  That's a lot of candles to put on a cake!  ;-)

Joshua, you made it in your toddler bed until 1:55am this morning.  Then, you woke up crying.  I went into your room to try to soothe you, but you got up and wanted to be held.  I picked you up and brought you into our room.  Grace then started to stir.  So, I changed her and was nursing her by 2:15am.  :-P

Grace, you fell asleep so I put you in your bassinet.  However, you woke up when I put you down so I picked you back up and held you at my chest.  You fell asleep on me so I leaned back in the bed and 'slept' off and on from 3am to 4am.  Then, I put you back in the bassinet.  I was back up and nursing you by 6:30am.  :-P

Joshua, you ate three tablespoons of cereal for breakfast!  Woo hoo!  After breakfast, we went upstairs and we sorted through some of Grace's clothes that don't fit her anymore.  It's strange to think that she has clothes that are already too small!  You two are growing too fast!  As I was going through some of Grace's clothes, Joshua played with daddy on the guitar.  Grace did some tummy time.  :-)

We prepared our corn on the cob before everyone came over.  We needed to peel the leaves, remove the silk, and then soak the cobs for an hour before grilling.  Daddy also grilled hotdogs for Joshua and chicken.  :-)  Everything turned out so good!  Gigi, Grandpa Jim, Uncle James, Mimi, and Grandpa Mike all came over.  Joshua, you loved chasing Uncle James around the kitchen and living room!  Grace, you took a little nap and then Gigi gave you a bottle (I thawed some mommy milk for the bottle). 

Joshua, you fought a nap but eventually fell asleep around 3pm.  I tried to clean the master bathroom while you slept since it had gotten pretty dirty.  :-P  I still can't get all the mildew out of the grout between the mildew, so we'll continue to work on that.

We didn't have the best day with Joshua's eating .... he didn't eat much compared to other days.  But, we continue to take each day at a time.  We pray that he eats more.  You two both have a pediatrician appointment this friday.  Grace, you have your 4 month check and Joshua has a weight check.  I'm praying for some good news with the weight check!  :-)

Joshua, I made some mashed sweet potatoes for you today.  I made it a little bit chunky so we can work with it with Kim too.  I added butter and whole milk to increase the calories.  I hope you like it!

This evening it thundered and stormed.  So, we had no fireworks, but we needed the rain more so I didn't complain.  ;-)

One year ago today Joshua was baptized!  I can't believe it's been a whole year!  So much has gone on since then .... a new house .... daddy got a new job .... we added Grace .... what a year this has been.  It's been filled with blessings!  Once Father Gibson returns from his summer sabbatical, we'll talk to him about baptizing Grace.  :-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both dearly!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment