Friday, July 8, 2011

Real Giggles


Dearest Miracles~

At 3:35am I changed Grace's diaper and then nursed her.  I could barely keep my eyes open.  Then, after I fed her, my stomach started to growl.  :-P

We didn't have much time to play this morning.  We had a 9:20am pediatrician appointment across town.  We left our house at 8:45am and got back home at 11:20am.  Whew!  We spent the whole morning out.  

The appointments went well for both of you.  Joshua, you had a weight check.  At 18 months you weighed 19.44 pounds.  You've been hovering around that weight since you were one year old!  Today, you weighed 22 pounds!  Yippie!  You've now on the growth chart at the 5th percentile.  ;-)  At least you're showing signs of improvement and slowly gaining some weight.  The MD was happy to see that you've gained two pounds in two months (considering you've stayed the same weight for over half a year).  We discussed your therapy appointments.  I also told her that you're going to see the neonatologists at Wake Med on the 19th.  Also, you're not that far off on the growth charts .... 26 pounds would be 50th percentile and you're 22.  :-)

Grace, you also had a good appointment.  You're head circumference is 40.5 cm (25th percentile) .... weight is 14 lbs 4 ozs (50th percentile) .... and length is 25.5 inches (90th percentile).  Obviously you get your height from me!  Ha!  ;-)  I knew you were getting long because you're clothes were getting short, but I didn't realize you were getting that long.  Perhaps you'll play basketball.  :-)

I asked the MD about your skin.  She said you have very small patches of eczema, but it wasn't serious or anything to worry about.  We can put some lotion on you.  We discussed your 'milestones' so far:

- you put your hands to midline
-found feet and hands
-beginning to roll
-good head control
-follows objects with eyes and head
-smiles and coos 

You had three shots in your legs and then had to drink a medication.  I had to hold you and calm you right after.  

We can start to introduce solid foods to you now .... beginning with rice cereal .... if we wish.  We can keep you on just mommy milk too.  I'm sure we'll start you on it before your next check up.  You see the doctor next for your 6 month check and Joshua goes back for his 2 year check.  

When we got home, Grace napped and fell asleep during her tummy time.  Joshua and I played and rolled around on pillows.  You giggles so much!  You are doing something odd now though.  You purposely hit your head against things and then get mad when it hurts.  :-P   For example, I was nursing Grace this afternoon and you came over, leaned against me, and then hit your forehead against my knee several times on purpose.  It hurt my knee so it must have hurt you!  Why are you doing that?  Maybe you'll grow out of it once you realize it hurts. 

Grace started to have real giggles this evening!  She's beginning to laugh and it's so adorable!  Daddy and I tried to get little videos of you giggling.  :-)

Daddy was home by 2:30pm.  We all watched some Wold Cup soccer.  We saw England vs Japan.  England won.  

It thundered this afternoon.  We had a quick storm and then the sun was out.  We did chores around the house.  We ran five loads of laundry, ran the dishes, and straightened the house.  :-)

Grace, I have a confession.  You're little tree isn't doing too good.  :-(  It's now the same color as your hair .... redish brownish.  I'm so sorry!  I keep watering it but I don't know if it's just too hot!  If there's one thing that you can learn about me it's that I don't have a green thumb.  I'm so sorry!  I'll keep watering it and we'll see what happens.  :-P

I had some great eating from Joshua today.  For breakfast he had half a bowl of cereal with applesauce and whole milk mixed in it.  Then, he had an entire sippy cup of boost.  For lunch, he finished his cereal from this morning and then had a lot of hotdog and pasta pieces with a milk sippy cup.  :-)  Yeah little man!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment