Sunday, July 17, 2011

Heart Breaking Loss



Dearest Gifts from God~

Joshua, you woke up from your toddler bed at 1:30am.  I was still holding Grace so daddy went to pick you up.  We haven't been that great at putting you in your bed at night.  You usually fall asleep in our bed and then we're so tired we leave you there.  :-P  We'll try to get better at moving you so you get more use to it.  And Grace, I had to hold you all night so our bed was pretty crowded.  :-P

Grace, you woke up at 5:30am to eat, but you were noodling around off and on before then.  I was just too tired to pick you up.  :-P  Don't worry, you weren't crying.  If you were crying I would have gotten up faster.  :-)

I stayed awake with you afterward since you didn't want to go back to sleep.  I ate some cereal downstairs with you as you played.  I checked my email and loaded more photos on the laptop as you did tummy time.  You fell asleep during your tummy time, so I pumped next to you.  When I was done, you were still napping, so I laid on the couch for a little and rested.  Daddy and Joshua came in as you were napping and woke you up.  :-P  Daddy took the both of you downstairs for breakfast as I continued to rest.  :-)

Daddy grilled corn on the cob for lunch while I made more mashed sweet potatoes for Joshua.  However, he didn't eat them.  I'm bringing them in for speech therapy with Kim tomorrow so I hope you eat them then.  I changed your appointment from tuesday to monday because you see the neonatologists at Wake Med on tuesday.  Mary Beth isn't there on mondays, so we won't see her this week.  But, we'll see Kim tomorrow.

We did some laundry and Grace did a lot of tummy time.  Daddy did Joshua's brush exercises and joint compressions.

By 2pm, Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James came over.  Today is the championship World Cup soccer game for the women!  USA is playing Japan!  We dominated this game for the most part, but Japan got some goals to send it into over time.  More goals were scored in over time to send it into penalty kicks!  Wow!  That was exciting!  However, we suffered a heart breaking loss at the end of the penalty kicks .... Japan ended up winning though we had the much better team and played better.  How sad.  I was bummed the rest of the day.  :-P  The World Cup is every 4 years.  The men played last year, so we'll see another World Cup in 3 years for them.  We'll see the women again in 4 years. 

Daddy read us Bible stories before bed .... one was the story of Joshua.  I've read the 'Book of Joshua' to Joshua before.  I need to be better at reading Bible stories to you all.  Will you all help me remember?  We need to schedule Bible story time.  These days some times slip right by me with all the other things that we do around here.  But, Bible stories are important and should be a priority.

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment