Monday, July 11, 2011

Light Whimper


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Joshua, you're making some progress in your toddler bed.  Last night, you didn't cry!  You got up out of your bed and wandered into our room .... but you didn't cry, so I consider that progress!  :-)  You woke up at 2am and made a little, light whimper noise as you came to our bed.  I'm such a light sleeper that I heard you.  :-P  I pulled you into our bed and it took a while for you to fall back asleep.  I got back up at 3:40am to change and nurse Grace.  

Joshua, you ate well for breakfast this morning.  You finished your bowl of cereal before daddy had left the driveway!  It had applesauce in it and whole milk.  :-)  We then went upstairs and I nursed Grace as Joshua played.  Once Grace was fed, we had music time in the play room.  I put a folk CD on for us to listen to.  I loaded photos onto the laptop and then backed up the laptop so we wouldn't loose anything.  :-)

We were actually pretty productive this morning.  We emptied and reloaded the dishwasher .... swept downstairs .... vacuumed the bonus room .... changed everyone's diapers a few times (Grace had a huge soupy poop- ew!) .... ended up listening to two CD's for music time ... Joshua took down a boost .... Grace did several tummy times and rolled .... and I completed two pumps.  :-)  I got a video of Grace rolling.  It's actually a long video and Joshua goes up to Grace and hits her on the head at the beginning and she starts to cry.  :-P  She doesn't roll until the end, but at least I got it on film!  ;-)

Joshua went down a little early for his nap .... I guess our morning was really busy!  Grace did more tummy time as he slept.  Once he woke up, I put all the pillows out and we rolled around on them and played more.  :-)

We saw daddy briefly before he had to leave for a 6:15pm soccer game.  Joshua cried a lot when daddy left.  I went to change his diaper once daddy was gone and Joshua ran away!  I picked him up and he gave me a big bit on my right shoulder which really hurt!  It not only hurt me physically, but emotionally as well .... I wasn't the one who left him but I got punished!  That's not the first time Joshua has cried when daddy has left.  He's done it more than once, but hardly ever for me.  It would be nice to feel missed every once and a while.  :-P

Everyone calmed down once I changed Joshua's diaper.  We stayed downstairs for about an hour and went through Joshua's ABC book several times.  I was baking some potatoes for the week so I didn't want to go upstairs until they were done.  I kept putting Grace on her belly for tummy time, but she just kept rolling over and over.  

We went back upstairs by 7pm and Joshua played as I nursed Grace.  I put another CD on for music time and daddy was home by 7:30pm.  He helped give Joshua is prevacid pill and dinner (he wouldn't eat for me) and I took a shower.  Once all that was done, it was bed time!  

Tomorrow is suppose to be a hot day!  We'll stay in once we get back from Joshua's therapy appointments.  :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment