Thursday, July 14, 2011

Redish Brown


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

I held you, little Grace, last night until 4:20am.  You were quite squirmy at times when you were sleeping, so I didn't sleep much.  When you woke up at 4:20am, daddy changed your diaper and then I nursed you.  I've noticed that you like to grab my shirt when you're nursing.  Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.  ;-)

You two had fun with Penny as usual.  She took you all to the park for a little bit.  You had music and story times.  We ran out of size two diapers, so Grace was in size three diapers (the ones that Joshua wears) all day.  We probably won't make it to the store until tomorrow, so you might be wearing the threes for a little bit longer.  :-P

Aunt Katie and Uncle Brennan came over and saw you two!  Uncle Brennan returned Grandpa Mike's lawn mower and then they visited with you all.   :-)  I'm sure you two entertained them.  :-)

Grace, I have a confession .... I think your little tree is a goner.  :-(  Remember how (Great) Aunt Pops gave you a little European Cypress tree when you were born?  Well, I replanted it and I've been watering it, but it's now turned a redish brown color.  I'm so sorry.  I'm not that great with plants.  Penny tried to cut it back to see if it'll grow some more.  If not, I'll go out and get you a new one.  It might have been the soil that I used, or the excessive heat recently.  Either way, I promise to place it and try again.  :-P




I had a late meeting after work.  I got home around 8pm.  I missed you all so much!  The meeting was our annual benefits discussion, but the CEO also talked to us about 'cut backs' in the organization.  We've had to respond to the existing down economy by cutting hours for certain employees across all the medical sites.  Each site had one or two people whose hours were cut.  We're having one dental assistant cut her hours and our hygienist is going to half time.  It's rough times, but we'll all get through it.  

I was leaking through my shirt when I got home and saw little Grace!  I nursed her as we watched the second half of the USA vs France soccer game.  USA won!  Woo hoo!  We're in the finals and we play the winner of the Sweden vs Japan game.  They've already played, but we haven't watched that game yet.  

Tomorrow's friday and daddy's working only a half day!  Woo hoo!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment